Millermatic 130xp vs 140 autoset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 130xp vs 140 autoset?

I'm in need of a cheap wire feed, my lincoln 100 took a dump on me awhile ago. I priced out a brand new millermatic autoset 140 through airgas with employee discount at $660. I found a slightly older millermatic 130xp on craigslist with less than a couple hours on it and he said $550 with a full bottle and wire and an extra mask, shit I already have. I was spoiled for awhile using my fathers millermatic 200 but I need a 110v unit for my house.

Anybody wanna throw some advice? Want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck

What about the hobart units? haven't priced any of those out

And now I'm looking at 220 rigs. My garage only has 110 currently and I'm waiting till spring to run 220 out there underground. But if I'm gonna spend $700 why not spend a grand and get the real deal? So give me your opinions on welders in general!

autoset 211 looks nice, gonna call for a price now.
    Last edited by DrThunder; 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I've got the 180 autoset, I love it.

Only think I paid around 750 for it from airgas
      dirty30

Comment

millermatic 211 w/ autoset is awesome!!! I have one and love it. ABCo, now Airgas had a package it was $1300 out the door for the welder, cart, tank, first fill up, big spool of wire, and sales tax. I wanna say the actual price i paid on the welder was like around $950.

I use a Millermatic 251 at work (older version of the 252) and i have never an issue with either. i have used the 251 for literally 6-7 hours straight, 2-3 days in a row. The thing is freakin' awesome.

220 is the way to go too, i hate using the 110. I like my welds to be nice looking and very flat, its much harder to get the 110 hot enough to make nice welds on anything thicker than clean 3/16's.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Buy the biggest welder you can afford. Ill be looking for a good 220volt 250+ amp machine once i settle down.

Comment

Working...
          X