Republicans hate black people!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans hate black people!?!?!

I love the race card. Just read this nonsense and decide for yourself.

I would like Zullo and Will to discuss.

January 3, 2012, 5:36 PM
    Nobody Likes to Talk About It, but It’s There
    By ANDREW ROSENTHAL
    DES MOINES — Talking about race in American politics is uncomfortable and awkward. But it has to be said: There has been a racist undertone to many of the Republican attacks leveled against President Obama for the last three years, and in this dawning presidential campaign.

You can detect this undertone in the level of disrespect for this president that would be unthinkable were he not an African-American. Some earlier examples include: Rep. Joe Wilson shouting “you lie” at one of Mr. Obama’s first appearances before Congress, and House Speaker John Boehner rejecting Mr. Obama’s request to speak to a joint session of Congress—the first such denial in the history of our republic.

More recently, Representative Jim Sensenbrenner, in a conversation overheard at Reagan National Airport in Washington, said of Michelle Obama: “She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself.” He offered a lame apology, but as Mary C. Curtis put it on the Washington Post’s new blog She the People: “Can you imagine how the incident would play out if an African American congressman made a crude remark about First Lady Laura Bush’s body? It certainly would have taken more than an insincere apology to wash that sin away.”

This ugly strain was crudely evident in the “birthers” and their ridiculous demands that Mr. Obama produce his birth certificate to prove that he was American, and not secretly an African Muslim.

Just the other day here in Iowa, Mitt Romney’s son, Matt, said his father might release his tax returns “as soon as President Obama releases his grades and birth certificate and sort of a long list of things.” The younger Mr. Romney later backtracked, either because he was sincerely chagrined, or, perhaps more likely, because he recognized that it could hurt his father.

Sometimes the racism is more oblique. Newt Gingrich was prattling on the other day about giving “poor children” in “housing projects” jobs cleaning toilets in public schools to teach them there is an alternative to becoming a pimp or a drug dealer. These children, he said, have no work ethic. If there’s anyone out there who doesn’t get that poor kids in housing projects is code for minorities, he or she hasn’t been paying attention to American politics for the last 50 years. Mr. Gingrich is also fond of calling Mr. Obama “the greatest food stamp President in American history.”

RELATED
    More Posts From Iowa
    Is Mr. Romney playing the same chords when he talks about how Mr. Obama wants to create an “entitlement society”? The president has said nothing of the sort, and the accusation seems of a piece with the old Republican saw that blacks collect the greatest share of welfare dollars.

Mr. Obama’s election in 2008 was a triumph of American democracy and tolerance. He overcame incredible odds to become the first president of mixed race, the first brown-skinned president. It’s pathetic that some Republicans are choosing to toss that milestone into the garbage as they work to destroy Mr. Obama’s presidency.
    Last edited by Carlleen; 01-05-2012, 10:08 AM.
    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

replying just so i can see my avatar under yours
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Obama and his supporters have been trying to use the race card the whole time he has been a public figure. It's smoke and mirrors that will sway only the simple and weak minded.
      He sux and the only excuse he or his supporters can come up with is "he is black, stop picking on him, he can't help it."
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
      My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I hate both of you just because of your advatars
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
          I hate both of you just because of your advatars
          Advatars, the next frontier in advertising.
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

at least in mine you have flowing hair
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I can't even talk about it sanely. We hate Obama because he is the worst President in American history. He has done NOTHING in 4 years of his presidency that would even be remotely benefitial to this nation.

The level of disrespect comes from that, not the color of his skin. That's just the card liberals and democrats can play to hide the real issues which should be at the forefront of this campaign. Obama is creating an entitlement society, thats the whole aspect of take from the rich and give to the poor, which he is clearly supportive of.

As for race, lets talk about the amount of black americans that never cared to vote in their entire lives, that came out to vote in 2008. I know the number of first time presidential voters is out there. You can't tell me they are happy with the fact that he has done nothing to improve their life.

I simply cannot understand ANY support for this man at this point in time, he is a shit stain on the history of this nation and i would argue, one of the most unproductive and worst presidents in american history.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

hi jon
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                  I can't even talk about it sanely. We hate Obama because he is the worst President in American history. He has done NOTHING in 4 years of his presidency that would even be remotely benefitial to this nation.

I simply cannot understand ANY support for this man at this point in time, he is a shit stain on the history of this nation and i would argue, one of the most unproductive and worst presidents in american history.
                  Can you just explain how exactly he is the worst President in American history? It's a pretty bold claim, and I just want to hear what your reasoning is.

Also, how has legislation passed during his Presidency, like the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act, Dodd-Frank, and a variety of other laws, adversely affected the nation?

Comment

because it has only caused national debt to continue to soar, while creating temporary jobs. Jobs created by government are no where close to as sustainable as those created by industry and manufacturing.

ObamaCare was a good idea, gone terribly wrong. He wasted 2 years on a piece of legislature that saw heavy opposition in a democratic legislature only to finally be passed before the republicans won the house back. Let's call it counterproductive though, because it's getting tossed as soon as any republican see's the oval office.

Obama's intentions may have been good, but his execution and follow through was terrible. His foreign policy is terrible, absolutely terrible. He has put so much restriction and tax on business that it is virtually impossible for business to grow. The bottom line is that business is where jobs are created, and the democratic party and this administration fails to even notice this.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      hi jon
                      AH DAMMIT!

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        Obama's intentions may have been good, but his execution and follow through was terrible.
                        No matter what policy you are trying to get through these days the other party will bitch and try to change it just because it is coming from the other party.

A policy that could save our country and create millions of jobs could be put on the table but it took a dollar out of each politicians pay check would never go through because politicians are a bunch of scumbags that are worried about themselves.

There is not a single person I want to vote for in this election. It comes down to voting for what you think is the lesser evil.
                        Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post
                          No matter what policy you are trying to get through these days the other party will bitch and try to change it just because it is coming from the other party.

A policy that could save our country and create millions of jobs could be put on the table but it took a dollar out of each politicians pay check would never go through because politicians are a bunch of scumbags that are worried about themselves.

There is not a single person I want to vote for in this election. It comes down to voting for what you think is the lesser evil.

^ what he said. Obama has not lived up to the hype he created before he was elected. But after watching a Republican debate and listening to the nonsense they are all spitting, Obama is unfortuantely the lesser of two evils. Run a Republican that is not 80 years old and is up to date with today's beliefs and issues and then you'll see a Republican take office. Until then, get ready to unfortunately see Obama in office again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nada_Jeep View Post
                            Obama is unfortuantely the lesser of two evils.
                            No, not the 'lesser of 2 evils' crap again

Comment

What it comes down to is compromise, which is something that neither side is willing to do. Or seemingly even work at lately.

For the record, I completely agree with you. I think that the majority of politicians have their own interests before the interests of the American people. Republican or Democrat. There are very few that i see who actually stand up, say what they believe but are also willing to listen to the other side of the argument. BOTH parties are at fault when it comes to respective failure our legislative process has become.

It amazes me, we've given the "modern, foward-thinking society" a republican that is Pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-legalization of marijuana; and everyone just laughs at him. I mean it doesn't help that his policy is as constitutionally conservative as they come, but we have a legitimate forward-thinking, libertarian canidate in Ron Paul. And have for years.
                              Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X