Smith and Wesson M&P15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
    I didn't buy it, I really want to build one. Hoffman's didn't have any lowers for sale and won't have any until maybe sometime january. I stopped by a local shop and he happened to have one armalite lower for $150, it's mine. I really want to build a pre-ban but I don't feel like waiting forever to find a lower to do it. So i'll have this AR until i find a pre-ban lower to build, now the fun begins!

I'm looking at armalite uppers but am open to suggestions, any recommendations?
    Finding an armalite upper for an armalite lower is like going out of your way to find a TJ tub and a TJ frame, bolting them together and building a stock TJ.

If you're going to build one, research the parts, why you want specific parts, what iron sights to want, what bolt and barrels are good and what stock you want.

The point of building one is to have it custom. Buying a build lower and a build upper is detrimental to what you actually want and you end up paying more for shit you don't need.

Seriously, just buy a flattop AR built already and learn the gun and down the road you can build one. You didn't buy your Comanche on one tons, did you?
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Finding an armalite upper for an armalite lower is like going out of your way to find a TJ tub and a TJ frame, bolting them together and building a stock TJ.

If you're going to build one, research the parts, why you want specific parts, what iron sights to want, what bolt and barrels are good and what stock you want.

The point of building one is to have it custom. Buying a build lower and a build upper is detrimental to what you actually want and you end up paying more for shit you don't need.

Seriously, just buy a flattop AR built already and learn the gun and down the road you can build one. You didn't buy your Comanche on one tons, did you?
      Well, I bought a stripped lower. So that ship has sailed. I thought it would be a good idea to build it and at that point I will know everything about it before I even shoot it. There's definitely a lot of research to do but I figured the guys on here could help out with pointing me in the right direction.

I bought that mossberg and I love it, great purchase but I really didn't know a damn thing about it, and i'm still learning. Building an AR will teach me a ton about the gun before I even pull the trigger
      Last edited by DrThunder; 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Don't forget the pinned compensator....
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
          Don't forget the pinned compensator....
          Yup, don't want your gun taken away, now do you...
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i have a m&p 15 ... no quams with it

I run a aimpoint sight on it now
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

woops just saw that you got a lower.

what direction do you plan to take with your build? or i should say, what do you want your gun to be?
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
              X