No announcement yet.

Anyone Have Their Masters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends what feild your in some jobs require it. Some the extra 2 years of experience are better and some jobs pay for education so you can take night classes for free.

Also some schools let you take your masters for free if you get your undergrad there.

Masters are usually specific and can pigeon hold you from other jobs.

I think experience is more important then a degree.
    And even more important than what you know is who you know.

I have no idea about poetry, is there actually a job for that, or is it something you just do and if people like it they buy it.

and I think the joke goes.
    I got a job baiting hooks and some day hope to be the master baiter.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I know a couple people with there masters. And my gf is going for her masters now. She applied all over the place with her baxhlors and has not got an offer over 11 dollars an hour. So she decided to go back to school. In hopes to find something better paying. And while she is in school can defer her loans. What's an extra 15k when you Already owe 70.

Comment

Originally posted by bmxnick7 View Post
        baxhlors
        Bachelor's?
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

A Masters of Fine Arts poetry can :

A) allow you to be a poet.

And B) teach creative writing of anykind up to and including the college level.
          dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
            A Masters of Fine Arts poetry can :

A) allow you to be a poet.

And B) teach creative writing of anykind up to and including the college level.
            is that what you want to do?
            then there is your answer
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              Bachelor's?
              Yea phone kept changing it to that for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                Considering getting my MFA in Creative Writing, specifically poetry.
                I have a friend starting this program in January... http://www.ut.edu/mfacw/
                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                  that's what i would get my masters in. where is she going?
                  I got into this program... http://www.gonzagaonline.com/online-...leadership.asp

Is this what you are looking for?... http://www.gonzagaonline.com/online-...munication.asp
                  99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                  http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                    eh, i dont know if i could do online classes....did a few at new paltz & hated them

btw, how is your new residence?!?
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      that's what i would get my masters in. where is she going?
                      central. i guess they have a pretty good communications program, but without a ton of students the class schedule gets funky
                      Dan.
                      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

For serious this time.

I'm almost done with my associates in Manufacturing Engineering. I plan on getting my bachelor's in Industrial Management from central. Will be beginning their in the fall. Like Justin said with my experience, i feel that should be enough education for my field and my career goals.

My friend has her bachelors in marketing and is staying fulltime in school for her PhD in psychology........ i don't like school that much.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

My sister has hers in equine (horses) and she works at a vet now as a receptionist guess that didn't work to well.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                            depends what feild your in some jobs require it. Some the extra 2 years of experience are better and some jobs pay for education so you can take night classes for free.

Also some schools let you take your masters for free if you get your undergrad there.

Masters are usually specific and can pigeon hold you from other jobs.

I think experience is more important then a degree.
                            And even more important than what you know is who you know.

I have no idea about poetry, is there actually a job for that, or is it something you just do and if people like it they buy it.

and I think the joke goes.
                            I got a job baiting hooks and some day hope to be the master baiter.
                            In the real world this should be true. But it is unfortunately not. Unless you are in specific fields that there is no formal education, experience only goes so far. Most jobs wont even look at you without some sort of formal education. For me there is nothing I can go to school to do, and I have a ton of experience. My wife calls me the exception. I have a guy trying to hire me as his general manager right now. Were going out to dinner next monday. Hell I left high school because I had enough credits to graduate, took my equivalency exams to get my diploma and went to work. But my wife cant get a job without having a degree. Go figure. I just hope there is something there for her soon, well have school loans to pay off..... on my high school education lol
                            Dan.
                            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                            X