Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The newer, kinder...gentler, HMC. Thanks to all veterans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The newer, kinder...gentler, HMC. Thanks to all veterans.

Here, there, past, present, future.

Gettin the jump on Veterans Day tomorrow. Been 3+ years since I last did a video like this, felt it was time for a refresher.

Fight through your apathy and appreciate the people who serve and what they have gone through since the birth of our country (fitting as today is the birth of the Marine Corps right around the dawn of the United States).

I feel like it has become "trendy" to say "YEAHHH TROOPS". Lets step away from the generic trend. Do something, even if its just as simple as posting something meaningful, to show your thanks.

I am thankful there are men and women who are willing to do the job for all of us, so that I was able to choose a different "more comfortable" path of life, and do so freely.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vpOcgn4Gk[/ame]
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Id say im thankful for everyone thats in the military. whether its veterans or the ones training in boot camp. they do more than ill ever do.

I come from a family where all the men, (minus my hippie uncle) were in the military, wars, yada yada. Id like to thank them in particular, even if its only through a prayer.
    Last edited by justtorchit; 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: not so trendy.... better?
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

love this. brought me to tears earlier and probably would now if i wasn't in a meeting.

God Bless America, thank you troops, both past & present.
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

sick

Comment

thankyou to all the vets for what the do and or have done incudling my best friend since childhood who's over in afganastan right now.

This does not change my veiw of the U.S. goverment

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
            thankyou to all the vets for what the do and or have done incudling my best friend since childhood who's over in afganastan right now.

This does not change my veiw of the U.S. goverment

Not to worry.... more veterans than you would think also feel this way about the government. We do it for the people, even if the government signs the paycheck, we know where the money is coming from (you).

And even thought I put it up on Facebook, I just want to thank all of you who DO support our veterans, soldiers, sailors, marines, and yes sometimes, even airmen (and women). Every time someone thanks me in or out of uniform, all I can say in return is "Thank You", because without people telling us we are appreciated, we (as service members) can lose sight as to why we do what we do. So Thank You, for words of thanks, encouragement, and support, for without the good people that make this country great, we would have no reason to lay down our lives to protect it.

Today, I was at an assembly for veteran family members of the students where my son goes to school. There was a group of Vietnam vets talking around a table. While I was sitting trying not to listen to my ex-wife drone on and on about how much worse she had it when she was in than I do now, about how bad she is disabled, and about how great her life is now that she is collecting 75% disability and her new husband is a former marine and blah blah blah blah...... I heard the Vietnam guys talking about how one of them was drafted after protesting the war, one of them was in the army when it all started but was only sent over for two tours, and one of them joined up so he could pick his MOS before they would get a chance to draft him and put him where the Army felt they wanted him.
            One thing all these guys had in common, they all came home to being spit on, yelled at, and over-all hated by people that did not appreciate them. After the assembly was over and we were all released, the same three men were saying goodbye to one another. I walked up to them, said "excuse me gentlemen", told them that I wanted to just say thanks, shook their hands (I'm in uniform, mind you) and rendered them what I would consider a pretty solid salute. One of the men had tears coming from his eyes, and told me that he had never felt like anyone had honestly appreciated the sacrifices he had made, the friends he had lost, what he had to do while he was over there, and what he went through when he came "home", till today, and he gave me a hug. Choked me up thinking about how long it had been just sitting inside of him, and how it must have felt for all that time...

A couple years back on Memorial Day, I had a WWII vet tell me I reminded him of his best friend and co-pilot that he lost when their airstrip was mortared. He had a picture of them outside their plane, the resemblance was creepy to say the least...

Anyhow, I just wanted to share. Some of the "old timers" get recognition, but many don't and even with all the trendy "patriotism" it's still a rare thing to get a real heartfelt "Thank You".
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
            My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Comment

Awesome Video.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
                  X