curiosity strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post

one thing has always been on my mind though.. does anyone know why they never swaped the "XJ" with the 96-97 crossover? the seemed to have done that with every other jeep
    im going to assume because it remained the same chassis, just with aesthetic upgrades and some other changes

this XJ became biased initially because i (and some others) did all the recruiting for sis from the XJ crowd on forums because thats what i was a part of, and it spread that way. to this day it sort of domino'd/branched that way, and worked out that way by chance as well.

aside from that, the xj is a great base to work off of, especially on a low budget...and IMO has a timeless style
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
      i litterally love everything about the XJ. interior, exterior, drivedrain, cheap to maintain. it was the first real SUV and to this day is still be best IMO.

not sure why jeep ever dropped it for the liberty though

one thing has always been on my mind though.. does anyone know why they never swaped the "XJ" with the 96-97 crossover? the seemed to have done that with every other jeep
      yeah thats how i see it, the mid sized SUV was born within the cherokee XJ platform, they came on the set, dominated and everyone for the most part failed at doing so, i doubt i could go on living without having at least one XJ in my driveway love made jeeps, jeeps before subaru EVER stole that phrase from us if ya ask me
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        especially on a low budget...and IMO has a timeless style
        couldnt have said it better myself, cheap and gorgeous
        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
        -Ian

Comment

Honestly, I have wanted a Cherokee since I was a little kid and when a 2DR black one with no body damage popped up on craigslist for less than I had in my bank account I had to have it.....it then got out of hand.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

My first Jeep was my families hand-me-down 86 XJ with the glorious 2.8L and 3 speed auto. After having that I wanted another one and always wanted to lift it. When the Jeep was stock, and I let someone else drive it, I don't think anyone who drove it didn't like it actually.
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
              My first Jeep was my families hand-me-down 86 XJ with the glorious 2.8L and 3 speed auto. After having that I wanted another one and always wanted to lift it. When the Jeep was stock, and I let someone else drive it, I don't think anyone who drove it didn't like it actually.
              hey i had a hand me down too 1992 XJ laredo, hence my username i was blessed with the 4.0 and AW4 with a NP242 tcase...i wadded that bad boy up into a tree and cried like a little girl. everyone hated that jeep haha i loved it
              -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
              -Ian

Comment

Working...
              X