Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty...

blows.

i've been sitting in a room since 9:30, just waiting for my number to be called. if i get called, there's a good chance i have to come back tomorrow. it's freezing in here, and my job doesn't pay me to be here. this makes me mad, aren't there stay at home moms & unemployed because out there who would love the $40 a day the court pays if you do not have a job?
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

i had to go last week....
    sat for a few hours
    did a few crossword puzzles
    then they told me i could go home

There was this one guy there that was just talking my ear off nonstop about things i didnt care about. I pretty much knew his whole life story by the end of the day. I did find it funny that he was complaining about being there the whole time, yet he didnt have a job or kids or wife....
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

there's a guy next to me who followed me in & is now my friend. i think i'm the youngest one in the room by a large percentage
      2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

a jury was just dismissed. their case was 9 weeks long. god help me.
        2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Jury duty sucks.. I had to go to New Haven Federal court for 2 days and they gave me 20 dollars for that (gas and missing work cost me more).

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
            a jury was just dismissed. their case was 9 weeks long. god help me.
            If you get caught in a situation like that, they will dismiss you if your job refuses to pay you.

I almost got caught in a two week case once but my boss said he wouldn't pay me to be there, so they let me go.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

woohoo! got dismissed. back to work i go...
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I had to fly home the day before jury duty last december and sat around for 5 hours and got no compensation. woo

Comment

i just got the letter that says i have to go but i am away at school. there is no box to check that off as a reason. sounds like i get to make alot of fun pointless phone calls.
                  -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                  -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                  -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

The state sends the jury notices out via mail, so the state cannot prove that you ever got your notice. My dads friend just throws them away haha. I went about 2 years ago now, I prob coulda got out of it for school or whatever but i figured Id see what it was all about.
                    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

that was my life for 12 days Nicole. i finished 3 different versions of angry birds those 2 weeks
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

I can`t because of my job. Plus if I get called in I have a Bad Religion shirt on stand by for this kinda shit
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I've had jury duty a couple times. Was dismissed before noon both times & never went back to work.
                          My job just looks at it like bereavement days. I get paid & it didn't count against my vacation days.
                          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                          http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Knock on wood I haven't received a notice for jury duty in like 5-6 years. Phew!
                            06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

If you really dont wanna go call them up and tell them you're racist ect. and they'll send you home.

Comment

Working...
                              X