Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough economy? Start burning bridges

October 16, 2011, 4:10pm

NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania (AP) — Two brothers have been charged with stealing a western Pennsylvania bridge and selling the 15 1/2 tons of scrap metal for more than $5,000.

Police say 24-year-old Benjamin Arthur Jones and 25-year-old Alexander Williams Jones of New Castle used a blowtorch to break up the bridge in late September or early October. They face felony charges of criminal mischief, theft, receiving stolen property and conspiracy.

Authorities say Alexander Jones told a recycling company employee that he had permission to carve the bridge for scrap and showed the employee cellphone photos of the bridge. The recycling company called police.

The 50-foot (15-meter)-long by 20-foot (six-meter)-wide Covert's Crossing Bridge was in a wooded area about 100 kilometers north of Pittsburgh.

The brothers' phone numbers weren't listed, and it's unclear whether they have attorneys.

Gotta give them credit though, thats ballsy
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

How the hell would you pull that off without someone coming and investigating within an hour or so?

Ballsy isn't even the word. These guys are just place stupid.
    Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

I doubt it was a roadway bridge. Prob so
      E old as thing in the woods. Still ballsy tho
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

The beginning of the end?
        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
        My "Bucket" Build
        MilitaryJeepers.com
        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Awesome.

http://bridgehunter.com/pa/lawrence/377214037270120/

Pics...

Way bigger than I thought. So epic.

Comment

they werent fucking around i guess.
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

The article says 'for more than $5000', but I want to know how much they really got because I think a Bridge would bring in more scrap than just 5k...

I may go looking for bridges today...
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

best part is, the government has to build a new bridge now, Job Creation. These guys are amurican heroes and entrepreneurs
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Damn that thing is huge. I think after the first cut I would have said fuck it and got a job application. Especially for $2500, not worth it
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
                    X