No announcement yet.

Dumb thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think someone I know did this, or even someone I don't know as a prank or payback or whatever.

And I don't know how they got in. I would say they tried to jimmy it with a coat hanger, given the bent up coat hanger on the ground. But, in the end I think they just jammed a screw driver into the lock and lifted it up or something, given the mangled lock, with a small chuck gashed out of the bottom of the lock the width of a flat head screw driver.

I guess there has been a lot of reported break-ins. I over heard the kids that volunteer at the station talking as I filled out my report, some kid got a gps and a ipod etc. stolen last week.

I just don't get why they just took the radio. There are 4 other Cherokees, not lifted but modded a little(chrome exhaust tips and DC stickers), that I'm 67.5% have a better radio then me, maybe subs and stuff too.

Comment

Same thing just happened at my school, breaking windows and taking gps and shit that people leave out.
      04 WJ, 6.5 inch lift on 35'' MTR/K, Clayton long arms,locked
      Jon

Comment

if you have the serial numbers on the gps. they can activate it and get the exact location of it.

2 kids (real class acts ) that i went to high school with thought it was cool to jack gps' and after taking about 10 of them, one of the people contacted their gps company with the numbers and then they gave them an address of where it was. They called the cops, cops show up with a warrant, stack of stolen gps'.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
          if you have the serial numbers on the gps. they can activate it and get the exact location of it.

2 kids (real class acts ) that i went to high school with thought it was cool to jack gps' and after taking about 10 of them, one of the people contacted their gps company with the numbers and then they gave them an address of where it was. They called the cops, cops show up with a warrant, stack of stolen gps'.
          that almost makes me wanna bait people with my GPS
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            that almost makes me wanna bait people with my GPS
            This is an awesome idea...
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

One of the reasons I was like WTF is that my roommate leaves his civic unlocked with the gps stand on the dash and the gps just thrown into the glove box.

Comment

Working...
              X