Dumb thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb thieves

So I go to CCSU and my jeep was broken into. All they took was my radio, an older jvc unit, that honestly didn't even work great, the cd ejector was broken and I could never find out how to set the time. To take it out they took off the dash bezel piece even thought he radio literally falls out if I go up a hill. It wasn't even a high quality jvc radio it was one of their lesser models.

What gets me is they took nothing else! my $150 dollar cb is a foot away from the radio, its held there by two screws. I also had some tools in the back. I just don't get it.

Hard hittin new britian yooooo
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Guess I need more NRA stickers

Comment

Radio is still a radio, most people wouldn't have the slightest clue what a CB is anyway.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Oh and before this goes any further...

It's 'Thieves'.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

what gets me is the risk of stealing a head unit. Without a box you can't get more than $20 for a used radio that was probably not even $100 to begin with. is it really worth having to face the potential consequences if they got caught
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
              what gets me is the risk of stealing a head unit. Without a box you can't get more than $20 for a used radio that was probably not even $100 to begin with. is it really worth having to face the potential consequences if they got caught
              i never got this either
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

tbh i think what would bug me the most is that someone was inside my living space. idk about you guys but i practically live in mine, its where i eat sleep and work at some times of the week. I hope the bastard gets caught really. sorry to hear about the radio loss tho man, guess its time to get a new shiny one huh
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

ALOT of thieve's are dummies, if they were actually smart they would figure better things to do with their time.. also is it possible that someone might have done this deliberately?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Oh and before this goes any further...

It's 'Thieves'.
                    sorry

Comment

I have a couple head units, if you are in need.... I did just pick up a JVC unit that pretty much sounds exactly like the one you are describing.while making my rounds in the CCSU parking lots. If you need a new CB to replace the one you're going to be missing soon, I just ordered one, should be here shortly. I forgot to grab it when I picked up the head unit.

Seriously though, I do have a couple head units, not the best, but they worked when I took them out of my vehicles.
                      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                      My "Bucket" Build
                      MilitaryJeepers.com
                      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

My buddy from the ship just had his entire car stolen from Jersey / South Philly. It was a WRX with a ton of work done to it. The balls of it was that he just came back from vacation and didn't unpack the car. Id say you made out lucky
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          ALOT of thieve's are dummies, if they were actually smart they would figure better things to do with their time.. also is it possible that someone might have done this deliberately?

any theft I would say is deliberate, hard to accidentally fall into someones car and end up with a radio
                          1992 xj Briarwood
                          Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                          Welded front and rear
                          13' LED roof lights
                          Disco ball
                          Truck nuts
                          Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
                            any theft I would say is deliberate, hard to accidentally fall into someones car and end up with a radio
                            He means, did someone who knows the victim do this to settle a score, fuck with them etc.

Comment

how did they break in, window smashed, door jimmied, door just plain unlocked (any of them) ?\
                              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                              eliminator MJ - Sold
                              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
                              X