The Official Thread of Profoundness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Thread of Profoundness

Every day on my facebook newsfeed I see people complaining about [insert state]'s drivers and how bad they are.

Enter: The Profound Zone

Every person from every state is the same. An imaginary set of borders on a map do not dictate how well or poorly someone operates a motor vehicle. A poor driver in New York is no worse or better than a bad driver from California.

According to Facebook newsfeeds, every state in America has the worst drivers. On that note, what dictates a poor driver? Someone who made you mad in traffic? Someone who made a mistake whilst driving in your presence?

Lets say Joe Johnson of Nevada is driving his car down the road in front of you. Joe Johnson is the world's best driver, has never made a mistake behind the wheel once. Good ol' Joe pulls up to an intersection, stops, and while in deep thought pondering the events of his terrible day, he goes first, in front of the person to his right who technically had the right of way. Person on the right honks and throws their arms up, raging unnecessarily. Joe drives off, regretting his one mistake. Person on right updates their Facebook status, claiming Joe Johnson and the rest of Nevada are "the worst drivers" and it makes them furious.

Exit: The Profound Zone

Next up- "[insert state] people have no idea how to drive in the snow/rain!"
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Well played.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Next up- "[insert state] people have no idea how to drive in the snow/rain!"
    There are many states that can go right to the top of the list, just based on the fact that the people living there only get snow every 5 years.

I always say how bad a PA drivers are but when I was in Missouri and it was snowing I was thinking of how blessed I was for how well the people drive in PA in the snow. Basically the world ended when there was 2" of snow and the whole state shut down. Meanwhile back at home there was 2+ feet and majority of the state was doing their every day work.

The idea of a bad driver is relative. Like Will said, there can be the best driver in the world but just because he isn't driving fast enough you get angry at them and say they are a bad driver.
    Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post

There are many states that can go right to the top of the list, just based on the fact that the people living there only get snow every 5 years.
      this is fair to say, however i shoulda been more specific...i am talkin tri-state area where we are at, and the northeast in general. every winter the "bad drivers" statuses turn to the "snow drivers" statuses, with the same credability
      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Someone who manages to get between your truck and trailer while both vehicles are moving
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i'll be the first to admit when i make a mistake driving. but here are some drivers who really cant drive we all no that.

bob o'reilly of batton rouge lousianna, is in a slight rush he is trying to get home to his sick wife in bed who is bearing his child. he forgets to signal when he changes lanes on the highway, he happens to cut you off all of a sudden he is the biggest d bag to hit the world.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

i am the best driver in the world and the people on the streets of nj and nj alone all have the driving skills of rabid squirrels
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

I do believe that there are some driving habits that, while not confine to a state, maybe particular to a region.....
              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
              My "Bucket" Build
              MilitaryJeepers.com
              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
                I do believe that there are some driving habits that, while not confine to a state, maybe particular to a region.....
                metro vs. rural, sure

but thats very vast
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Two scientific facts, with corresponding reasons.

- Massachusetts drivers are the worst. EVER.

- New York drivers suck too.

Massachusetts drivers are horrible. This is because they are oblivious to anything but themselves, and make 'stupid people' decisions on the road. No clue how the road, traffic flow, signs, signals or even their own cars work. Left turns from the right lane etc. Dumb people. Wow do they suck. Yup, all of them, even the ones YOU may know up there.

Now, New York is a whole other story. Actually they aren't as bad. ( stay with me here ) The reason is that while they may pull the exact same bad driving techniques, unlike people from Mass, New York drivers are fully aware of what they are doing. They just don't give a fuck about who they cut off or who they anger. They take chances, drive fast, and dont care weather u like it or not, its New York, and people got places to be! So at least they know what there doing.

And there is a point on 91 and on 95 where all this goes away. A magical place called the Connecticut line, where people generally "get it" as far as travelling is concerned. Unless you get behind a pewter colored Buick...then forget it.
                  -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
                  -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
                  -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
                  -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
                  The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

Go back to Facebook.

Originally posted by GreenMJ View Post
                    Two scientific facts, with corresponding reasons.

- Massachusetts drivers are the worst. EVER.

- New York drivers suck too.

Massachusetts drivers are horrible. This is because they are oblivious to anything but themselves, and make 'stupid people' decisions on the road. No clue how the road, traffic flow, signs, signals or even their own cars work. Left turns from the right lane etc. Dumb people. Wow do they suck. Yup, all of them, even the ones YOU may know up there.

Now, New York is a whole other story. Actually they aren't as bad. ( stay with me here ) The reason is that while they may pull the exact same bad driving techniques, unlike people from Mass, New York drivers are fully aware of what they are doing. They just don't give a fuck about who they cut off or who they anger. They take chances, drive fast, and dont care weather u like it or not, its New York, and people got places to be! So at least they know what there doing.

And there is a point on 91 and on 95 where all this goes away. A magical place called the Connecticut line, where people generally "get it" as far as travelling is concerned. Unless you get behind a pewter colored Buick...then forget it.
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                      i am the best driver in the world and the people on the streets of nj and nj alone all have the driving skills of rabid squirrels
                      Truth. I love driving in Jersey because most drive like an asshole. I'd rather them drive like an ass and be in a rush then drive 10 under the speed limit. That's what pisses me off the most.
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

You don't agree then Will?

I do to an extent.

One of the questions that have bothered me for a long time is:

Why is it that CT has MAYBE 4 rotaries, MA has like a 115 rotaries. Why do CT drivers (generally) "get" the concept of a "Yield" sign, while MA drivers almost always treat it like a red traffic light?
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                        My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

In the end the problem is the fact that the Driving Test, written and physical, are way too fucking easy. When I passed my the driver part of the test I thought to myself 'Wait, that was it?'. Bad drivers come from ignorance, you learn to parallel park, once or twice, then you never use it for 15 years and then one day you're forced to parallel park and the people on the sidewalk laugh at you while you scrape your rims on the curb.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Scrape your bling rims on the curb
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              Go back to Facebook.
                              No! I used words such as "facts" and "scientific" and "bad". This will not be ignored. Years of research have gone into this. Truth be told......An asian woman driving a Buick from MA is the trifecta, the pinnacle of bad driving. Only to be one upped in bad driving if another Asian woman driving a Buick happens to be texting and they pass on the same road. Then who gets to Mr. Chows lo Mein 1st? Trick question!!! They both crash!!! Muahahaha, cause they are bad drivers, u see?
                              Last edited by GreenMJ; 09-30-2011, 10:44 PM.
                              -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
                              -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
                              -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
                              -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
                              The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

Working...
                              X