Cool new gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool new gun...

Kinda always sorta wanted a single action revolver just for the coolness factor of having something oldschool that could compliment my Marlin 1894 in 45 Colt just like my Kimber Custom II goes with my Preban PWA AR15.

Well, I never liked the thought of having a revolver in just 45 colt because it's too expensive to buy and I don't reload. So the other day, I came across the Ruger pricing catalog and they listed this Single Action with both a 45 Colt and a 45 ACP cylinder - for $300.

So I bought it.

Took it to the range this morning and got it sighted in. It's so awesome and the 4 1/2" barrel is great, it sure barks like a bastard but it's worth it. It's just as accurate, if not more so, than my 1911.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

that is a great looking gun at a really great price.

Sidebar: why do you not reload? It seems like you shoot enough that it may save you some cash. Just curious.

Comment

2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I would feel like Solid Snake wielding that fine piece of machinery
        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
          that is a great looking gun at a really great price.

Sidebar: why do you not reload? It seems like you shoot enough that it may save you some cash. Just curious.
          The problem is I don't shoot enough to justify it. Today was the first time I've gone in a month.
          sigpic

Comment

nice purchase!

Comment

nice man! I'm digging the fact that you can run 45 acp's out of that.

how do you like it?
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I never considered a revolver, but I LOVE the simplicity of that, it's almost elegant. For that price, and if it's as accurate as you say, it's downright stunning.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  nice man! I'm digging the fact that you can run 45 acp's out of that.

how do you like it?
                  Running 45 ACP out of it is the fuckin reason I got it...that and I can play cowboy with this and the 45 Colt Marlin I have and not have to worry about ammo.

I love the thing. Did a trigger job on it and it breaks clean at 3 pounds. It's a blast to shoot, too.
                  sigpic

Comment

when i come home we need to lay some down range. we have only been saying it for like two years lol.
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Running 45 ACP out of it is the fuckin reason I got it...that and I can play cowboy with this and the 45 Colt Marlin I have and not have to worry about ammo.

I love the thing. Did a trigger job on it and it breaks clean at 3 pounds. It's a blast to shoot, too.

lets go shoot!
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                        lets go shoot!
                        Fall and winter are on their way, dude, we'll get some (seat) trigger time in at some indoor range.

I'm going to be getting a membership to Bridgeport Indoor and essentially force myself to go shooting more often.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X