Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people not take pride in their vehicles anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I'm done cleaning mine, you can't even tell I wheel the thing, and thats the way I like it. I actually just finished shampooing the seats, pulled all the carpet out to power wash it, rinsed my floors out, and pulled the entire center console out to clean it up. I CANT STAND nasty interiors. Makes you feel like a grease ball. I take a lot of pride in having a real clean TJ that I can say I wheel pretty hard, yet take to a car show and show off as well! Plus I'm making payments on 14K for it, Hahahaha
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

I saw a great example of this today.....Ran into a guy with a 92 YJ, Identical to mine. 4" of lift......And it looked like shit. He said he hasn't washed it in over 3 years, and it showed. His tub and frame are completely rotted out.....

Having a clean Jeep is a good thing....
      1998 XJ.....Finally.
      1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
        agreed
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

I agree entirely. People see my Jeep clean and ask me how many miles are on it. They are always shocked when I say almost 200,000
          2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
          1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

i have to clean my interior. if i dont and take the doors/top off dirt and shit go flying directly in your eyes. I try to power wash the undercarriage a lot, i think of it as preventative maintenance. Also helps when your working on it, dirt doesn't fall into your eyes
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I clean my jeep within reason. When it gets muddy or is covered in salt I wash it but I'm not going to do an amazing job and wash it for 3 hours and wax it. Yeah my jeep has some dents but it shows character. They aren't that noticeable but when something breaks or isn't working right I like to get that fixed and working properly before I start on another thing.
              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

i am always cleaning my jeep and making it look good. it is my dd and my only wheeling rig so i want it to look good but i also like the look after its been wheeled for a couple days. i work at a jeep dealership and i cant tell you how my times i hear what will said right at the beginning. it makes me want to punt an infant through a field goal
                "Corruption of the Soul is a fate that befalls the weak"

Comment

Ive always hated those cliche sayings. Its kinda like people making fun of others for waxing their jeep.
                  Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RockReadyXJ View Post
                    Ive always hated those cliche sayings. Its kinda like people making fun of others for waxing their jeep.
                    I think there's a big difference waxing a MINT 98 xj and a 1990 xj that had "tank" spray painted on the side of it, then scratched off with steel wool.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X