Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people not take pride in their vehicles anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people not take pride in their vehicles anymore?

I swear every day i read some forum like JF or wherever i always see someone with that age old cliche

"fuck it, its a jeep!"
    or
    "who cares, its a jeep!"

as if to imply why bother making anything decent, its just a jeep

what makes a wheeling rig (especially a DD wheeling rig) so incompatible with being nice? or at least clean in some way

i think theres something to be said for a really good looking AND functioning jeep..nothing drives me more nuts than when people do bootyfab cut jobs or bumpers or whatever thatre just such an eyesore i cant believe they would put it on a vehicle. and the justification is "whatever it was cheap, and its a jeep". or people who use shitty ass parts just because they can.

and then theres the morons who actually think making a jeep clean is dumb
    "why would you wash it ever, its a jeep!"

in closing,
    yeah its a jeep and i also dont look like a dumb halfass redneck. bonus points. kthnxbai.

anyone?
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

i wash and may even start waxing my green jeep. though it is the same color as kyle's so i think its in the dna of moss green pearl that it must be beautiful at all times.

going to wash it today actually. now the red one? its been covered in mud for 2 weeks and i don't care
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

heavymetals had grime and whatever on it since i havent been drivin it, but all i mean is theres no hurt in keeping your wheelin rig in decent shape from time to time as far as washing goes. aka not going out of your way to avoid washing cuz "its a jeep"
      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I dont plan on waxing my jeeps as they are just going to get scratched up anyways and I rather focus my efforts elsewhere. But I do take care of my jeep and make it streetable and presentable for the most part, tho I am probably guilty of saying "who cares its a jeep" a few times in my day.

Comment

lol yeah i actually do wash the red one when it gets really dirty. i hardly drive it and i don't want it to rot away while it sits
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I let my grey jeep go without washing because it was rusting to hell anyways but if I am driving my green jeep around a lot i will definitely be washing it if it is dirty.

Comment

I like to keep my jeep clean. I do not like all the dents in it but w/e dents are going to happen when you wheel.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I've said it, but not referring to having a piece of crap. More referring to it's not some sissy mall crawler that can't handle a pothole. It's a jeep, it's tough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeg View Post
                  I've said it, but not referring to having a piece of crap. More referring to it's not some sissy mall crawler that can't handle a pothole. It's a jeep, it's tough.
                  acceptable
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts that people think oh it's a jeep so they find I funny to just smash it around. One I the kids I used to work with said his friends used to take their cj out and drive around runnin mailboxes over. I mean wtf. Just because it isn't in the nest of shape doesn't mean you need to try and kill it. Even my first pos 92 loyale wagon u would wash at least every two weeks. The only reason I don't wash my jeep is that is I lack time. I personally enjoy cranking the music as I wash it and getting to wash out everything

Comment

I am more picky about the interior being clean. I HATE have the interior of my jeep have garbage or mud in it. As for the exterior I wash it when I need to down here. If I wheel and get it dirty than I wash it within the next couple days. I like my jeep more clean rather than dirty. I will wax it more this summer when I have time but I have no time or place down here at school, plus its too cold right now anyway.

As for my old GMC, when I was in high school and had time that thing got waxed every 3 weeks or so and washed once or twice a week. it was always clean. If it got a scratch I cried.
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I think that people who fab up their own stuff and make it shitty use that excuse because they can't do anything better and want to feel better about themselves
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i used to work at a jeep dealer and some lady was talking to me about something being broken on her jeep. in conversation i said "that sucks or thats too bad" something to that effect and she said "who cares, its the crappy jeep. at least it wasn't the laredo" (noone knows that their grand cherokee is called a grand cherokee, they all legitimately feel its named a laredo) as i found her jeep for her in the parking lot it turns out the "crappy jeep" was a mint 2001 XJ with 50k miles or something.

i swear people have no love for the XJ's
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

i beat the crap out of my jeep. but put every effort i can into it, to keep it halfway decent. it's gonna get dented and banged up , but i wan't to have fun with it, not cringe when i dent it, or avoid sick obstacles because i risk damage of some sort.

I wash it every so often, but i'm not particularly anal about it, and i give the interior a good cleaning every so often. I try not to bootyfab parts, but every now and again i'm in a rush and cut a corner (most of which nobody notices anyway).

My last jeep was a little different, i would say it was more of a beater, i didn't purchase any body protection and thrashed it around. I feel that this new jeep I have gets beaten around more as my wheeling experience progresses. But at least i have invested in a little protection so it holds up better.
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                              but i wan't to have fun with it,
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X