Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of an era for Apple

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/te...e.html?_r=1&hp

Steven P. Jobs, whose insistent vision that he knew what consumers wanted made Apple one of the world’s most valuable and influential companies, is stepping down as chief executive, the company announced late Wednesday.

“I have always said that if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s C.E.O., I would be the first to let you know,” Mr. Jobs said in a letter released by the company. “Unfortunately, that day has come.”

Mr. Jobs, 56, has been battling cancer for several years and has been on medical leave since January, his third such absence. He underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2004, and received a liver transplant in 2009. But as recently as a few weeks ago, Mr. Jobs was negotiating business issues with another Silicon Valley executive.

Wow. Just wow.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

does this mean no more evil emperor apple that has to watch over 100% of activity with their product? maybe flash on the next iPhone?
      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
      Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
        does this mean no more evil emperor apple that has to watch over 100% of activity with their product? maybe flash on the next iPhone?
        Knew this was coming from someone...

For what it's worth, that "Evil Emperor Apple" watching over their products keeping Flash and other open-source codes off their devices is what keeps them as virus-proof and secure as they are.
        MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Yea I know what you're saying there. Its unbelievable how quickly I removed apple from my life after I discovered android then discovered rooted android had a second and third generation ipod touch, which I know there's differences between iphone and ipod touch but it sucked majorly not being able to utilize something so common as adobe flash player :/ I am dissapiont with u apple. On a happier note perhaps apple will be able to improve its products in the future.
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
            On a happier note perhaps apple will be able to improve its products in the future.
            Apple became the second largest company in the world, I think most people consider its products to be quite good.

Comment

html 5 bro
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Apple has great products but they're not for everyone

Comment

OMGZ APPLE SO EVIL

classic
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    OMGZ APPLE SO EVIL

classic
                    Boring, you mean.
                    MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                      Apple has great products but they're not for everyone
                      thats more or less what i was shootin for, not to say they have crappy products just not marketed or produced for someone of my tastes
                      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                      -Ian

Comment

thats more or less what i was shootin for, not to say they have crappy products just not marketed or produced for someone of my tastes
                        you've never owned an iPod?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          you've never owned an iPod?
                          had a second and third generation ipod touch,
                          and although i never had problems with them i hated the way iOS is developed...
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          -Ian

Comment

and although i never had problems with them i hated the way iOS is developed...
                            same, i like apple products and i like OS X, i like the mobile hardware I just dont like iOS
                            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Thought I was never a huge fan of Apple's product line (not my taste outside of the iPod), I always admired the level of Enthusiasm Steve Jobs had. I hope he continues his enthusiasm in whatever other position he holds in the company.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X