Whats to stop a thief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats to stop a thief?

Whats to stop a thief? i bought a 93 zj for the tires and rims. i have since started tearing it down for the motor. i have been cutting the zj apart with a sawz all and taking it to the scrap yard. i asked the guy at the scrap yard what i had to do as far as vin numbers and whatnot, he said just dont bring us a motor. so whats to stop a thief from stealing your car, removing your lift, tires, motor, transmission and tcase and scraping the metal from your jeep? i'm a little confused that no one is asking questions about a car disapearing.
    Attached Files

They take your license most of the time and have a sort of account created for you. And they record every time you go. Chances are the cops are going to have the right person as a suspect and they could just call up the local scrap yard and ask if that person had been bringing in a lot of steel and bingo your busted. Thing is 99.999999% of criminals are dumb as shit hence no criminals do this often. Though you do hear all the time about people scrapping copper and shit that they have stolen but they all get caught. As a good cop once said "If criminals weren't this stupid our jobs would be a LOT harder." Do you really think if they were even smart enough to get a $15,000 a year job at McDonalds they would take all that time and risk for a few hundred a car? They do have some smart criminals that do it but they keep the parts for sale aka a chop shop. As for the engine thing I have fully cut and scrapped a few cars and I just completely strip the block and bring it all separate and they don't say anything.
    Last edited by WickedXJ; 08-03-2011, 12:54 AM.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

Comment

I don't think this thread could be any more misplaced
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Most places would require a title of some sort.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
          I don't think this thread could be any more misplaced

Whats to stop a thief? Really? Whats to stop an asshole from just walking up and punching you in the ear? Whats to stop a thief from taking your mailbox? or the potted plants in front of your house?

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post

Whats to stop a thief? Really? Whats to stop an asshole from just walking up and punching you in the ear? Whats to stop a thief from taking your mailbox? or the potted plants in front of your house?
            Respect , the law and the fact that alot of people aren't as tough as they make themsevles out to be. Bottom line... if you think your a badass I can garentee you that there is soneone that's 10x more badass than you ever though about.

Comment

after i rolled my xj armand and joe nitro tore it apart cause armand wanted my motor trans and shit. so i let him do all the labor. i asked what they needed to bring the body to the junk yard his reply nothing i still have the title to that xj. so i understand where your coming from you can steal someones car rip it apart and make easy money off it.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

badass? bro relax i never said i was badass. i was just doing this and thought to myself fuck someone could take the jeep in front of my house and make at least 1000 off it if they didnt just want the parts themselves

Comment

the scrap yard i go to asks you to sign some paper but you could write john hancock and they wouldn't know

Comment

Originally posted by ftrndyrsox View Post
                    badass? bro relax i never said i was badass. i was just doing this and thought to myself fuck someone could take the jeep in front of my house and make at least 1000 off it if they didnt just want the parts themselves
                    i dont think he was talking about you let alone insinuating anything about anyone

just a general statement
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

the crime would be a salvage swap. IT happens all the time. I have a rolling chassis that i have the title and papers to. I steal another car that is exactly like it and swap the parts. The scrap I got is now worth the price of a car.
                      Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        i dont think he was talking about you let alone insinuating anything about anyone

just a general statement
                        exactly! thanks Will..

Comment

What the hell is going on in this thread lol

Comment

my brain hurts.

People that steal scrap are generally bums and poor as fuck. trust me there are enough of them that come from biles of waterbury and into our shop asking to take our scrap.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

This thread needs to fabricate itself somewhere else
                              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
                              X