Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be honest, I think the Umps just wanted to go home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be honest, I think the Umps just wanted to go home...

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_17335331&v=3

Worst Call in Baseball history or just Umpires who want to go home in the 19th inning? What say yee?

Looks like the glove swept his torso but never hit, crazy call and it looked like Hurdle was going to have a heart attack.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 07-27-2011, 06:59 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

looks like the glove swept across his thigh. def an out
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
      looks like the glove swept across his thigh. def an out
      x2
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Saw it this morning on ESPN he was out.
        06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

not going to lie though, in a split second, that would have been tough to see
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Event he runner knew he was out
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
              Event he runner knew he was out
              If I was the runner I would have thought the same thing. The look on the Catcher's face was pretty priceless thought when he called Safe. What a bad way to end a 19 inning game.
              sigpic

Comment

Now why isn't baseball more like football with a million different cameras catching every angle possible?

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                  Now why isn't baseball more like football with a million different cameras catching every angle possible?
                  It is...didn't you watch the video? They show like 4 different angles and the play, the call, the ump and the expression on the catcher's face.
                  sigpic

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70KsXOaIFAg[/ame]

Still wins
                    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

And lets not forget

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VO8MAnS4tM[/ame]
                      Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

lou pinella is the god of fighting umpires and getting tossed

i know what brian means, not just a bunch of camera angles, but the actual ability to challenge a call. unfortunately the way baseball umpiring is conducted, all calls are final unless the ump that made the call asks for another opinion from his crew due to a bad angle or whatever reason.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          lou pinella is the god of fighting umpires and getting tossed

i know what brian means, not just a bunch of camera angles, but the actual ability to challenge a call. unfortunately the way baseball umpiring is conducted, all calls are final unless the ump that made the call asks for another opinion from his crew due to a bad angle or whatever reason.
                          But that also helps baseball move a lot faster.

Without commercial interruptions, without all the bullshit, baseball takes longer to play. Football is timed down to an hour, overtime if needed, baseball isn't. It's 6 outs and inning and there go extra innings.

It is calls like these that make the game interesting and if everything were to go by instant replays then umpires would be useless.
                          sigpic

Comment

After the safe call the catcher just looks at the ball in his glove like "is this the right baseball?!?!?" like he picked up the wrong one and tagged him with it and that was the only explanation he could come up at that time.
                            Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                            93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                            Eric

Comment

Working...
                            X