X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
    I think you are thinking of R1

R5 is 1080p???

I have the helmet pro and they recommend r4 for on the body type mounting as it "offers the most vertical viewing area off all the resolutions"

r3 is "when mounting on vehicles or gear when i wide angle is desired, and ultra slow motion playback"
    no sir, i am thinking of R3. R5 is standard def as i said 16:9

R1 is just plain old 1080p video, not the wide angle degree of view

R3/R4 are both 1280x720p modes that are listed as 16:9 ratio'd...i guess i just dont get how/why they consider R4 to be 16:9 when it isnt. R4 has less of a data rate, aka significantly less "quality" as well compared to 3

edit: just realized somewhere along the line gopro switched "R"s ... WTF one of my first gopro HDs R1 is 1080, and another R5 is 1080..and one of the older ones R4 is 960, and another is 720

sorry for the bad info, i blame inconsistencies...lucky for me R3 stays the same throughout

their site even lists it the old way
    1080p = 1920×1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
    960p = 1280×960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
    720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
    720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
    WVGA = 848×480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

lol, i'll have to give r3 a go next time 'round
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Heavymetal how are the suction cup mounts holding up? Sturdy enough for wheeling? Where are most people mounting these on jeeps? And ill give r3 a try at OER. Thanks

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
          Heavymetal how are the suction cup mounts holding up? Sturdy enough for wheeling? Where are most people mounting these on jeeps? And ill give r3 a try at OER. Thanks

-Scott
          i use the suction mounts very rarely

the few times i have used them they held up, only one of which was in a real off road situation at speed on a baja car

on your jeep trailriding they should be perfectly fine..theyre rated for speed so long as you have a clean smooth surface to mount them to

on my xj if i wanna see my tire movement i do it on the outside of my door, otherwise on my front bumper bar or hood. i use roll bar mounts 1434930x more
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

gave R3 a go this weekend... think it came out good

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/26848905?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;a utoplay=1" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

LOVE ME SOME R3

i used some R3 this weekend myself
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Cool videos, Dana, glad you are liking that thing!
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I love it! haha

Now i just have to start doing cooler shit so its worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                  X