Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are your tires illegal?

because mine are mtr's are illegal
    i got stoped at a check point today and the cop told me my tires where illegal and then said that your tires muat be 100 percent covered by fenders not even a milimeter can be sticking out and that the four inchs is for height doesnt make much sense to me but what ever

HAPPY FOUR OF JULY EVERYBODY going to blow shit up to feel better tommorow
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

What town? That sounds like a giant crock of moose shit.

Edit: If your tires are illegal, then I guess mine definitely are. Almost the whole front tire sticks out, and about half the rear.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

In my old truck I was stopped for that. The cop said that for them to be legal, he has to be able to drop a quarter off the fender and have it not hit the top of the tire.

Comment

oxford it was some half ass sneaky sneaky state cop "soberiaty test" station they stop every out of state plate i saw drive past me
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

WELLLLL you got fucked.... i drove around like that for 3 years and never had an issue, even being pulled over mulitple times for various offenses lol none of which had anything to do with lift height or tires.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

that sucks.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Did you get a ticket or anything? If you didn't then who cares, just a cop being a dick.

Comment

there is currently no lift law in CT....
                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

tire coverage has always been an issue. its rarely enforced but if they want too, they can ticket you for it

my wrangler front tires stuck out 2-3" with stock flares although i kept 6" flares on the rear so any cops behind me it looked pretty covered

even with no flares. the hassling was very rare. They honestly pulled me over about having no front plate on, never said a word about tire coverage
                  up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                  eliminator MJ - Sold
                  99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                  Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I pass by Fairfield cops all the time and I have cops from all departments come to my shop and in 5 years, none of them have said a thing.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have been lucky too, driving in borrowed time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                        In my old truck I was stopped for that. The cop said that for them to be legal, he has to be able to drop a quarter off the fender and have it not hit the top of the tire.

A Cop told me that once. And I told him to go for it cuz the quarter will fall on the inside of the tire....

With that said, they also kicked my jeep off the road for good.
                        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                        some people choose video games
                        some choose projects
                        some choose welding random things together

Comment

my tires are legal however i got stopped and have to get a vehicle inspection because i didnt have my doors on and yes i had both side mirrors on
                          TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

at first i did get a ticket for them but then the cop saw that i had an old issuance paper for june not july and he "gave me a break" and warned me for the tires and wroght me up for the not having a vaild issuance card in the jeep i think im going to make rubber fenders that bend up when im driving then when i stop fold down and cover my whole tire
                            97' zj
                            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Do what you gotta do...but since you didn't get a ticket, I wouldn't do shit.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X