Death of a 305.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of a 305.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oDO3kxWHJFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    My buddy's new 88 trans-am we are swapping in a new motor so we decided to see how badly we could fuck the current 305 with a piston slap up.....1 minute later and it was seized.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

It's a 305, this isn't unique. They're terrible.

But good job.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The 305 is one of the most poorly built engines by gm. Trust me u didn't accomplished anything special
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

You should have killed the car, too.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

This is funny. Not 10 minutes after I watch this video, my brother comes down stairs saying that he might buy a 1992 t-top Camaro with a 305. So whats wrong with these engines?
          Should My brother buy this? He knows the kid, who seems to be pretty honest in his add.
          http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/2371599414.html

Comment

Cam shafts suck dick 2 bolt main weak end caps just all around shityy motor. When I was 15 I wanted a mid 80s camaro my dad wouldn't even let me look at ones with 305 in em
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

A 305 is the boat anchor of boat anchors...
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

My buddy trashed his 305 in his 84 firebird, we swapped in a 350 this winter.
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

my dad's 1984 K-1500 came with a 305. He still uses pieces of it as paperweights in the garage.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I know this isn't that unique but I feel like getting the exact moment of death on camera is. And we are just going to swap in a 305 from a formula fire-bird because my friend doesn't understand that it will last about 3 months the way he drives. We are also planning a show quality restore job on it as it really only needs a bit of surface rust cleaned up and a good quality paint job to be in car show quality.
                    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                    Eric

Comment

have a 305 in my boat . . . no complaints but it has low hours. 50mph boat too
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

305's serve their purpose but are the last engines you want when it comes to performance.
                        Last edited by clean4drxj; 05-11-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                          have a 305 in my boat . . . no complaints but it has low hours. 50mph boat too
                          i have a 413 big block and a 318. 1up completed
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            i have a 413 big block and a 318. 1up completed
                            I've been called the songbird of my generation by those that have heard me. that good. one up completed back
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

you can build the piss out of em and they will get a whopping 350 horse out of em at the crank lol and it will last ten minutes ask thekid who tried to keep up with me and was picking pieces of it up off the highway
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X