Guilford Ren-Faire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilford Ren-Faire

I'm going to be there tomorrow (sat) in garb, just sayin. Will post pics if I remember to take them.

I know ren-faire is looked at as a dorky hobby, but I enjoy it so

We are heading there after Nica gets out of work at 13:00, If you have nothing better to do, hit me up.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Dickerman's buddy is the fucking KING or something this year. Enjoy, get pics.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I know

I shall enjoy anyhow, and at least a couple pics will be taken.
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

A good time, did a little drinky-poo. I love *Bee-sting's* the are cider and mead mixed, amazing. Only took a couple pics but there's some of what I got.

Me, drinking...

Nica, and a couple of our friends (Tera and Jen)

Robin Hood and Prince John

a couple monks

one of the cutlery shops

blacksmith making blades

random wenches, with other faire goers milling about the entrance/exit

The Big Bad Wolf (I think ),a different Robin Hood, and a cavalier.

Last edited by bucketokarma; 05-08-2011, 10:04 AM.
        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
        MilitaryJeepers.com
        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Holy Shit, you guys get all decked out for the fair. Awesome stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

That's serious business
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

do people dress up as knights and joust too???

cause to be honest, i been to that medival times once or twice, and jousting is fucking badass. period.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

At a lot of faires there is jousting, sword fights, sword-play lessons, and the like...
                I just like drinking and stumbling around as a drunken pirate.

You get people dressed up in "true" garb, making their outfit authentic for the look they are going for. Some people dress in full armor, some go in a loin cloth.
                I have seen steam-punk outfits, highlanders, Sherlock Holmes, goth kids, fairies, peter pan, Hook, goblins, jesters, vikings, shaman, ninjas, pirates, elves, Merlin, far too many Cpt Jack Sparrows, orcs, jules verne, cavemen, you name it, they show up.
                More often than not medieval, traditional (for your heritage), and pirate are the most common.

The draw for guys (and some women) to go in garb, is that you get to walk around displaying a real sword, and getting drunk, plus it's just plain fun dressing up, and admiring (or dissing) other peoples outfits and finding cool items to improve your outfit.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Steam Punk, what the fuck? That's totally the wrong era.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it would be fun to get shitfaced, dress up like christopher lloyd, and drive a delorean right down the main road and blow peoples minds.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      I think it would be fun to get shitfaced, dress up like christopher lloyd, and drive a delorean right down the main road and blow peoples minds.
                      bahahaha and start yelling "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?? WHERE AM I??"
                      sigpic

Comment

and convince them that there is a massive storm coming and we need to make a big ass lightning rod somewhere with enough run-up to get to 88 mph.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

That's be such a fucking blast to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

what would you do if i scrapped the turn-key and bought one....

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/del...n&distance=any

$5800 that would be fucking hilarious. I'd need to grow a mullet and listen to way more Def Leppard

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I'd probably punch you in the goddamn Face with a Bat if you fucking scrapped whatever you have currently that is the TKIM and purchased a DeLorean.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X