Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iphone vs. droid vs. blackberry NEED OPINIONS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT GET A BLACKBERRY!

Dont waste money on an Iphone. I would get get an itouch and save the money.

If i had it my way i would get a flip phone and have it be done.
    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

crackberrys suck so basically it comes down to Iphone or droid both are godd in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
        DO NOT GET A BLACKBERRY!

Dont waste money on an Iphone. I would get get an itouch and save the money.

If i had it my way i would get a flip phone and have it be done.
        already got an ipod

i think im leaning towards the droids

i need something with internet capability because i somehow have to entertain will when we are not near a computer
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Cat 5 IV.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

DROID - Do you want a powerful highly customizable phone where many apps are free, you have home screens you can actually do useful things on? Get a droid, depending on your carrier depends on what model i recommend. oh and on driod you can do things like free wireless teathering.

Iphone - Do you want a phone "that just works", you dont have to think about anything, all choices on how the phone should be and act are made for you. You pay for most apps. but you will likely have a smooth user experience. But they are not perfect and do lag and freeze

I personally have a rooted Droid X and love it. That said i also have an iPod touch. Both have their pros and cons. But until apple changes the operation system (ios) and fixes the notification system, that is very intrusive, and the home screen layout I will not be buying an iPhone
            Last edited by grundlepunch; 05-05-2011, 09:17 AM.
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I'm having the same debate. I think i'm leaning towards a droid now too. If you are considering getting an Iphone, wait a few months because they will be releasing the new Iphone sometime in early fall (I think?), and you can buy the current version for half the price. But, after playing with Jon's droid the last few weeks, I have to say i'm actually really impressed with it.

Comment

new iphone comes out in june. will be sold out for a few weeks though

iSheeple
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

me thinks a droid it will be...gotta look a little bit more today
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                    me thinks a droid it will be...gotta look a little bit more today
                    Do you have verizon?

If so, depending on your budget I would look at the thunderbolt or droid x

thunderbolt - new fast, 4 g, niceeeee, front facing camera, nice screen

droid x - older but still a great phone, cheaper, battery lasts longer then thunderbolt, no front camera, no 4 g (not like we have it yet, maybe near nyc)

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                      Do you have verizon?

If so, depending on your budget I would look at the thunderbolt or droid x

thunderbolt - new fast, 4 g, niceeeee, front facing camera, nice screen

droid x - older but still a great phone, cheaper, battery lasts longer then thunderbolt, no front camera, no 4 g (not like we have it yet, maybe near nyc)
                      yeah i have verizon....i like the droid x because it has the keyboard (if thats the one im thinking of )
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                        yeah i have verizon....i like the droid x because it has the keyboard (if thats the one im thinking of )
                        nope. driod 2 has a keyboard (and smaller screen)

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                          nope. driod 2 has a keyboard (and smaller screen)
                          hmm...interesting..im on their site now looking and they have the incredible 2 and X...hear anything about the incredible?
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I have a blackberry and I do like it. I love having the full keyboard on the front as opposed to a slide out. It did used to get very glitchy and has slow 3g internet but all in all I like. That being said, I'm looking at upgrading to a droid. I like the pro cause It has a keyboard like mine but I may wait for the 4g phones to see if something better comes out
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

My dad has the incredible, its a nice smaller droid alt
                              dirty30

Comment

Just got the new Droid Thunderbolt a few weeks ago and was tossing up the iPhone.

REASON WHY I DID NOT GET IPHONE:

iPhone 4 is not 4G. Thunderbolt is. I'm not sure if you tried my phone when we were in NY but the 4g is stupid fast. It makes high speed internet look like DSL. The thunderbolt is great, tons of free apps (some nice offroading ones), the GPS is awesome, two cameras with sick quality, and mobile hotspot (which you'll have to pay additional for now). It works great for me especially the scanner app which I use for work.

The two problems I have with it:
                                Sometimes freezes when sending texts like a fiend but its not a real issue. The other is that after you call someone it moves their number to the top of your address book instead of leaving it in alphabetical order which might be a settings issue but it doesn't bother me.

My neighbor Nikki has iPhone 4 and the internet on Droid kicks iPhones ass time and time again even with the 3g network.
                                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
                                X