No announcement yet.

You know you drive an (built)xj when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you drive an (built)xj when...

The turd behind the parts counter asks, "Are you sure it's not a Grand Cherokee?"

you've put more than 5k into your truck and all the neighbors still refer to it as "that piece of crap"

You have to weld 300lbs worth of metal to your "Frame Rails" in order to keep it from falling apart.

the front end is self lubricating from all the oil leaks in the engine

you lift up the seat to grap a jack and you find old moldy cheerios from the p/o's kids

the other jeeps don't even wave at you, no matter how big your tires are..

You're a male driving a station wagon, you love it, and it was the best purchase of your life.

.....when the parts counter guy asks what year your vehicle is and you say "which part?"

You see another driving down the road and you can figure everything from year, to options, to drivetrain in about 10 seconds flat.

you can hear a 4.0 from across the parking lot.

when you have more oil in your air box than your engine and it STILL runs like a top!

when you know not to open your hatch while your flexing cause it wont close again

When you go to buy shocks and the parts guy asks you if its got AC

When a good day means looking under your Jeep after work and seeing only two tiny drips

When you can visualize every bolt that holds your Dana 30 in because you've replaced it twice

You know the starter sound of a 4.0

Your Jeep is a 94, front axle is from a 99, rotors, calipers, knuckles and unit bearings are from an 89, transfer case is from a 95, and your rear axle is from an Explorer

The above statement is why you don't ever want to take the Jeep to a mechanic because it would confuse THEM.

You're 200 miles from home and something is broken and you figure whats the worst that can happen, I'm driving home.

Driving to Utah sounds like a great way to use your vacation days

You know fluids by taste

You Jeep wave at other Cherokees and the soccer moms stare at you like you're crazy

You have a parts store loop trail that you use because inevitably someone won't have every part you need. (Mine goes Napa, Dealer, Autozone, Autozone)

Same for hardware and tools (Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowes, Do It Center, Autozone)

You try to pay for everything with pizza and beer.

Your passengers play a game called "whats that noise"

THEY get scared when you don't know the answer.

when you spend more time on Craig's List looking for parts than your favorite girly site.

You drive your trail Jeep for the first time in three weeks and get all paranoid about the terrible sounds it's making. After ten minutes you realize they're just the normal sounds in a lifted XJ

you had to write down all the things or parts that needed repair because the list was getting way to long to remember in your head

When someone asks if they can borrow/drive your Jeep a 30 min conversation ensues about all the quirks and noises it makes.

No matter what happens you know you wouldn't want to be driving anything else.

You walk thru parking lots looking under other XJs to see if they have a D44...and if you find one, you wait til the owner comes out so you can ask if they want to trade axles....

.none of your co-workers park within 4 spots of you, because they're afraid whatever your jeep "has", their vehicle might catch it too...

...you have to give someone a ride, and you say "wait a minute, I have to move the spare parts/tools off of the passenger seat/floor first so you can get in..."

people ask you "whats wrong with your jeep", and you give them a puzzled look and say "nothing, why?"

... when you never shovel your driveway, even if you have to 4low it in...

... when your neighbour ask's you why you don't shovel your driveway, and answer it makes is easier to pick up the spills...

... when they all laugh at your steel bumper with that ungodly winch on it, that's untill they ask for a tow from the ditch...

...You have scars from when you told your wife the jeep doesn't have A/C any more because you needed it to pump up your tires.

... You have been asked to clean your parking space at work because "if the owner saw that you would be fired"

... you buy a crashed XJ for parts, and then realize you already have all the parts to repair it..

you can't wait to go for a drive during the first snowstorm of the season...

When your Friends/Family/Coworkers ask "when will you be done working on you Jeep?" and you look at the with a dumbfounded expression and ask them to "Define Done?"

When your friends/family/coworkers have learned not to ask you when you'll be done with your Cherokee.

Your Jeep drives better in the snow than it does on pavement.

...When you have lost at least one potential relationship because the "what was that" sounds scared her away.

..You buy a new car for fuel economy/ride comfort and not 2 months later you are trying to sell it for what you owe, cut your losses, and get the XJ back on the road.

you heve broken up with some one because they called your Jeep "silly"

You always open the passenger door for people who you are giving rides to. Not because you're a gentleman, because nobody else can get the effing thing open.

when everytime you replace something you have to replace the bolts too because their rusted and broke during removal.

you pick a girl up for a night out, and it takes her 5 minutes to figure out how to get your rig without giving the street a show since shes wearing a skirt... then she gets frustrated and you get a show cause it was either you or everyone on the street

You go shopping at Harry's U Pull It with a reciprocating saw.

Your wife says it looks like a Jeep exploded in the garage.

Your visitors must park on the road, because the driveway has no more room

You have an accident, and cream the front of your car, and have almost all the repair parts 'in stock'.

you are threatened with eviction because you flexed on your old car.

you only lock the doors that open

you have enough partial quarts of oil to do an oil change

When you can wear your headliner, as a hat.

When you open the drivers door and it pops so loud, people duck.

You hang bent tie rods/ other busted parts on the wall

thats all i got for now. my right click on my mount mysteriously stopped working
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

thats a long list i read about 1/2 then realised how long it was.
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

You know you drive a BUILT rig when.....

If you use a hose to clean the inside and the outside
      You can air up your tires without stopping at a gas station
      When the best route from point A to point B is through the rockpile or over the mountain
      When a scratch or a dent is a beauty mark
      You roll it over and don't get upset
      Your mom and sister can't get in without help
      You judge every hill you see by how much fun it would be to climb
      You get custom pin-striping from trail brush
      If it takes more than 6 hours to get donuts
      When you pull into the unplowed parking spots on snowy days
      When you take your friends wheeling and they say "What trail? I don't see a trail!"
      When you've been forced to add TJ, CJ, YJ, and XJ to your spell-checker
      When you can see OVER a Suburban
      You carry emergency supplies and clothing because you never know where you will end up
      When your Nerf bars battle rocks and win
      When it rains and you don't care that your tops and doors are off
      When you drive around to look at Christmas lights topless
      When you change your plugs in the parking lot at work on a break
      If your Parts Dept. is on blocks behind your house
      When you take your Mom wheeling and she has to help you flip the Jeep back onto its wheels again
      You use an ice-scraper on the INSIDE of the windshield
      You get more heat from holes in the floorboards than through the heater vents
      Every page of your repair manual has greasy fingerprints
      Passengers scream "DON'T ROLL IT!" when you take them wheeling
      You spend more time under your Jeep than under your significant other
      Winter comes and your can't remember where you left the roof
      You spend more on car washes than on insurance
      Even worse the car wash won't let you in
      You fix almost everything yourself
      When you feel sorry for someone in a $60,000 Toyota Land Cruiser
      When you have all your credit card numbers memorized
      When you slam the door and chunks of dried mud crumble to the ground
      If you get asked to pick up your co-workers in a snow storm and get paid for it
      Your "Significant Other" refuses to get in it
      You are the only one on the street who doesn't plow their driveway
      You are dating your mechanic to get a discount
      You try to run the plow trucks off the road when it snows heavily
      You can't hear your $200 stereo over the noise of your tires on the highway
      You have a high-water mark INSIDE the rig
      Any tire that isn't waist high looks like a bagel
      You carry a set of steps with you at all times
      You can't sneak into church late because the engine is too loud
      You carry along enough tools to supply a small garage
      You nickname your rig after the noises it makes or it's most damaging trail accident
      You carry along a replacement part for every drive component on the Jeep
      You know how to reinforce the windshield frame near the wiper arm
      You're constantly getting passed on the highway
      Your wallet is always empty
      When you finally wash the mud off, everyone thinks you bought a new rig
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Some of those are honestly spot on. I like the one "your jeep drives better in snow than it does on pavement" so fucking true.
        2000 XJ
        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

most of em are spot on, but i think the whole " my jeep leaks some sort of fluid is" a giant overkill. Ive had 4 jeeps and none of them leaked oil. The oil time ive leaked was when i destroyed a driveshaft and ATF came spilling out my tcase.

Comment

Very cool lists guys! Much of the same is true for YJ owners...well mine at least.
            88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              most of em are spot on, but i think the whole " my jeep leaks some sort of fluid is" a giant overkill. Ive had 4 jeeps and none of them leaked oil. The oil time ive leaked was when i destroyed a driveshaft and ATF came spilling out my tcase.
              i've owned 4 jeeps and they all leak fluids and piss off my dad for wrecking the driveway hahaha. you got lucky man
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

my green jeep had a dented oil pan, and whenever my nose was down, oil would seep out pretty rapidly.

i have always had some sort of power steering leak in my jeeps, Usually my steering box blowing out every seal it has.

my current jeep has a bad rear main right now

Comment

Those are great.

Comment

the one about picking up the girl with a skirt on is soooo true.

when adam first lifted his jeep, it was right at the beginning of spring, and the first time i wore a skirt i got in his truck and my entire HS almost got a free show
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      the one about picking up the girl with a skirt on is soooo true.

when adam first lifted his jeep, it was right at the beginning of spring, and the first time i wore a skirt i got in his truck and my entire HS almost got a free show
                      so you opted to give your high school a show as opposed to adam?

oh and this one:

"you have broken up with some one because they called your Jeep "silly"

is quite true in my case

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

sigh. sadly these all apply to me as well.

sidenote: omg sam you are at 8000 posts

Comment

FUCKIN GAY I MISSED IT

Comment

yeah these were so true. I like the parts store ones.

Btw yesterday on my way to fairfield some guy in a big black jk waved to me. My friend who was driving with me started laughing and goes "It's funny because he was on the opposite side of the spectrum. That was a $30k mall crawler on 18 inch rockstars and this is a $3k trail rig on $40 dollar rims."
                              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X