Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new Jeep

Literally. 2011 Wrangler Unlimited.

Just got sick and tired of always working on my "DD" camaro. Seemed like it turned into more of a project. I threw a couple hundred dollars into it in an attempt to get it running, but there wasnt much life left in the motor. I traded it in before the motor blew and I had a bigger problem on my hands. I just wanted a nice Daily Driver that had a warranty, so if a freakin blinker goes out, I wont even have to work on it. Dont get me wrong, I like working on cars and jeeps and have no problem working on my XJ, but it just got old not being able to trust my camaro to get me too and from work and always spending my every free day fixing it so I said fuck it and went and got something new.

Figured I wanted another Jeep, buy american, and something that would last. I looked at an 11' Grand Cherokee. I drove one around for a day and really liked it, but the way I wanted it optioned out, it would have been 35+ K and I could NEVER see myself modifiying it or taking it offroad. I like the whole offroad wheeling thing, and would someday like to lift and wheel the JK, but just not till its paid off. For now it will just be a DD. Its nice to have a vehicle that has a working A/C, radio, heat, power doors and locks, and all kinds of wistles or bells that Ive never been able to experience in other vehicles I owned.

I got a decent deal on it, paid over 2k below sticker, and its all optioned out. Premium sound, 3.73s and limited slip, sirus satelite radio, power doors and windows, soft top, all kinds of cool other stuff.

Drives pretty good, actually rides smoother than my camaro did. Gets decent gas mileage, ive been averaging about 20 or so.

Im trying to move up to Anchorage Alaska this winter and will need a 4wd. Ill make the 5,000 mile drive there from Virginia during the winter time and some of the roads in Canada are unpaved so it will be nice to have a dependable 4wd to make the trip.

that is pretty sweet Mike

good luck with it...they are mighty nice, especially those new ones
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

id love to have a 4 door wrangler. hell i miss my regular wrangler

did a hardtop add alot of cost to a new one ? seems like it would be a hard item to get used and hardtop sure is nice, specially in the winter
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Not bad Mike... The logic is sound and it seems like you made a decent, thought out decision.

Seriously though, I'm jealous
        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
        My "Bucket" Build
        MilitaryJeepers.com
        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

ugh. i am so jealous. love their blues...one day i'll have mine haha
          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I wanna say a hard top was very similarly priced to a soft top. There was a dual top option that added 1500 to the price. I really didnt want a hard top, I like being able to throw the top down on my own, and back up if the weather gets bad. The new hard tops are cool though, you can take off just sections sorta like a camaro t top and leave just the back end of the hard top on.

Comment

Very Cool.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Looks real good bro
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Very nice, I know how you feel because I've been there before, it gets old working on something when you have to depend on it.

Comment

looks nice dude, but seriously the ball joints and steering shit goes bad on those within 30k.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                      looks nice dude, but seriously the ball joints and steering shit goes bad on those within 30k.
                      Good thing I have a 100k, 5 year warranty on it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Good thing I have a 100k, 5 year warranty on it
                        haha I forgot about those crazy warranty things. Nothing I've owned or ever will own will have one
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Congrats on the new whip, Mike. The 2011 interior is a shit ton better than the previous JK's. Much much nicer
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Nice kill Mike!

Comment

Working...
                            X