restoration recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoration recomendations

soooooomy boss informs me via telephone that we are reposesing a mid 90s flat top top sleeper peterbuilt this weeek, and i t will be my project to restore and get ready for diesel nationals to show no less than two months away. im stuck at his house so i cant upload pics of what im thinking so what yall think. first thing that came to my mind was optimus prime theme, but there are prolly a million of those out there. second was black with a green flake and dark emerald green fenders polished alcoas, and like 5 inch straights ( already on the truck). have it bos and gals.
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

I think that black and green would look pimp. I'm a big fan of round headlights on 379's as well.

Are the diesel nationals out in carilisle? I went there for the truck nationals a few years ago, they had some sick shit. I liked this truck especially, it wasn't too over done.

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

ya thats a nice balance right there and they are english town i honestly doubt the truck will be ready but we will give a full effort lol
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

i heart peterbilts. i like black and silver schemes on those bad boys. dont forget to put your name on the drivers side door under the window
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Been to the diesel nationals in Englishtown. It's a good time. Isn't it usually in september? and do you want to do emerald green because that is the color of will's jeep?
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Mack? i'm a Peterbilt!!

I drive a Datsun

Comment

Teehee
              dirty30

Comment

Personally I love two tone and lots o chrome on big rigs, chrome won't get ya home but it sure looks cool.
                Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  Been to the diesel nationals in Englishtown. It's a good time. Isn't it usually in september? and do you want to do emerald green because that is the color of will's jeep?
                  ya they are lol but there is another show there in june my boss never gets dates right lol. and yes emrald pearl pete with an exo cage.

actually no on the emerald lime green but have a heavy black tint in the clear which will the smoke the lime down a tad
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Diesel nats are an awesome time. I never ran my truck there tho prob woulda gotten spanked by some 11 second duramax but there were def some trucks I woulda kept in with easy. Ill just have to get another one

as for the pedrobilt, im not a fan of the lime green theme. The pic that dan posted is awesome. Its nothing special, but clean as hell and looks bad ass. Ill take that over a random "show off" paint job anyday. what would look awesome on that truck is that corvette orange

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

go with black and orange (harley colors sort of) do some 8" stacks with turnouts, whats it have for power?

Comment

Metallic dark grey.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          go with black and orange (harley colors sort of) do some 8" stacks with turnouts, whats it have for power?
                          I was behind one like that on the highway once. No trailer on it cruising at 90 huffing smoke the whole time. Then we he got on it it would just dump. Definitely had some motor work.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                            Cant do this (in my opinion)

This color scheme is already used by SRS, and if you've seen any of their trucks, you'd know why. All show trucks. It just seems to me that since CT is small, it would look like one of theirs, not yours. That said....the color scheme does look great.

My opinion would be two tone as well though. It has to be black, with another color you like. You can't mess up when most of it is black Me persoanlly, If I were building a truck, would do two-tone Calypso Green (90's ford color) over black, with the fenders also green. Its a love it or hate it color though......Oh and a day cab on a sleeper frame, slammed

Either way, drop that bitch a few inches !!! Polished Alcoa's... bumper and exhaust options are endless...and copy CustomJob's T-case shifter for your shifter. Nothing like grabbin for the headliner. This could get expensive....
                            -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
                            -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
                            -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
                            -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
                            The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                              I was behind one like that on the highway once. No trailer on it cruising at 90 huffing smoke the whole time. Then we he got on it it would just dump. Definitely had some motor work.
                              all black lowered with orange stripe down the side huge 10 inch stacks. if its the same one it has more than motor work and as for the paint scheme and all interior metal work. i worked on that lol. my shop di that whole truck srs triple one.
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X