legality regarding roof mounted lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
    for legality reasons, i removed all light-emitting objects from my vehicle.
    Stick it to the man
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
      i just use to 2 stock ones that came with my jeep
      x2

Comment

I was told that you can put how ever many lights you want where ever you want them but if above the top of the headlight they need to be covered. I have 4 lights on my roof uncovered for years now without issue.
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          pretty sure you can get fawked with em. You can only have a max of 4 forward facing lights on at a time.
          x2 I heard this from the guy who my friend just bought his rig from, so I don't know how legit it is, but same thing.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
            x2 I heard this from the guy who my friend just bought his rig from, so I don't know how legit it is, but same thing.
            a friend of mine has a 99 cherokee and he got pulled over a few months back for having his factory fog lights on with his headlights and 2 walmart special lights on the bumper. None of them are even that bright.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

legality thing really depenpeds on the situation, there is the law and then there is what the cops will actually pull you over for. anything higher then the legal hieght requirements for a headlight need to be covers by law, you can have as many forward facing lights as you want but can only have 4 on at any given time.

I personaly drive with my highs and lows on, as well as a set of piaa floods and some KC spots all the time and never have a problem. but they are all lower then the legal hight requirments
              85 K10, 44front,ff14 rear, 350,th350,Np208, 39.5/13.5r20 IROKs. almost done
              New toy 88 yj, 4.2, 5speed,231. Its getting a soa, 78 f350 dana 60s, SYE, and some 37s.

Comment

legal height limit is no on-road lighting over 46". you can have no more then 4 forward facing lights on at the same time. if you are pulled over for them and they weren't on, but he's bugging you - "they are purely aesthetic".

Comment

Working...
                X