Love Jeeps. :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Jeeps. :D

This is a Thread dedicated to how much we Love, Tolerate and Express our General Distaste for the Vehicles that bring us all together.

-Get excited that the Grand Wagoneer's motor is running Great; T-case won't shift to 4wd.

-Replace Transmission, untweak frame and get running again; leaking transmission line causes a fire underneath 2 days later.

-Tie Rod End threads strip out; Have Uncle Dave fuse tie rod and tie rod end together with the power of the sun.

-Do doorless mod on XJ and get excited when the hinges don't sag; Tailgate won't close.

-Replace motor in XJ at a campground; Swap the motor 5 more times after.

-Modify an XJ that runs most black and red trails at RC with ease; Swap leafs into the front.

-Remove Bushwhackers and trim fenders; Reinstall Bushwhackers.

-Buy a new jeep and roll it within months; repeat 3 times.

-Your jeep is ready to hit the trail after months of preparation; water pump goes.

-Spend years telling people you're going to build a Jurassic Park YJ; sell it and buy a Dodge Stratus.

-Buy a jeep to wheel and mod extensively; do nothing but install stickers.

-Build one of the Nicest, cleanest XJs in the North East; part it out.

-You let your brother drive your jeep; he rolls it.

-Buy a jeep and complain it never works, then sell it; repeat 4 times.

-Romp on a Dana35 and wait for an Axleshaft to break; Housing Spins.

-Inform the driver that the 'driveline vibrations aren't that bad'; driveshaft leaves the vehicle on the highway.

-Cut the roof off and XJ, build a cage around it, beat the shit out of it, suspension is fucked, shocks periodically leak and blow, no exhaust; runs better than my Daily Driver.

-Build a TJ with axles to withstand the abuse of rocky trails; axles break on the Merritt Parkway.

-Spend all your money keeping your TJ running; use skateboard as Daily Driver.

-Use a spotter to prevent rolling on the trails; roll on street.

-Wheel black trails all day in the snow; break axle shaft on access trail.

-Have sudden and dire urges to go really fast; install amber lights.

-Wheel hard and use trees and rocks as pivot points putting huge dents into the body; can't tell if someone keys or hits your jeep.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    -Replace Transmission, untweak frame and get running again; leaking transmission line causes a fire underneath 2 days later.
    I FUCKING LOVE JEEPS.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

-4.0 skips a cylinder but neglect it hoping it would go away; open hood a week later to find point snapped off distributor cap.

-Wheel Paragon the last day it is open and break front axle; drop off the face of the Earth.

-In Summer wheel red trails; in winter get stuck on snowbanks.

-See a puddle of Water; engage ARB locker.

-Put a strap on the front bumper before you go into mud hole; get stuck and realize the door closed on the strap.

-Spend hundreds of dollars to see an Ultra 4 race in California; come home, see jeep and begin to cry.

-Get excited that your jeep has an 8 cylinder motor; it makes less power than the 4.0.
      sigpic

Comment

this thread is full of winning. jeeps are made of tiger blood. end of story.
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

-Jeep turns into a fireball at 10:30pm on way home, put fire out with Sonic slushie and limp home with duct tape covering holed tranny line... section line at 1:30am.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have a spare case that could use a flush, but it works far as I know
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

- Use bypass trail to avoid breaking, bend 1-ton steering into D30 ring gear on bypass
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

-Wheel Paragon the last day it is open and break front axle; drop off the face of the Earth.

Hey I didn't completly disappear I have talked to will and jeff a handfull of times in the last 4 years. Also I swear once my wrx is running again and get my neon tuned I'm getting back to the jeep. I've even been practicing my welding since like 93% of my floors are rotted out.
                Rice
                13 BRZ G machine
                02 WRX Rally Whore
                95 Neon Sport Coupe 2.4 liter 11:1 comp race motor
                08 Kawasaki ZX6R solar yellow 112.4whp

Comment

Originally posted by King Ricerâ„¢ View Post

Hey I didn't completly disappear I have talked to will and jeff a handfull of times in the last 4 years. Also I swear once my wrx is running again and get my neon tuned I'm getting back to the jeep. I've even been practicing my welding since like 93% of my floors are rotted out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Love it I see both my jeeps in there lolj
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Phil this made me laugh so damn hard. I should never take bypasses.

Comment

"dude, it never vibrated like this before"

"it's fine keep going"

"no phil, something's wrong, it's BAD"

"Nope......"

20 minutes later....... BAAAA BOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

thanks buddy

Ohhhh and Ambers for Speed, FOREVER
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          "dude, it never vibrated like this before"

"it's fine keep going"

"no phil, something's wrong, it's BAD"

"Nope......"

20 minutes later....... BAAAA BOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

thanks buddy

hahahahahha, exactly. Then we rebuilt the fucking Driveshaft on the side of 287.

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          - Use bypass trail to avoid breaking, bend 1-ton steering into D30 ring gear on bypass
                          Yes!

-Take Bypass to avoid rocks; Get tree stuck between tire and fender well on bypass.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-19-2011, 12:36 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Take dumbass line down the bypass..... Come too close to rolling for comfort.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                              Take dumbass line down the bypass..... Come too close to rolling for comfort.
                              coolest shit i ever saw
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X