No announcement yet.

If anyone wants the truth of whats going on with the nuculear plant in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not because they are black, but the country itself is a festering shithole that has been at war with itself and the world for decades now.

The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Mohoro bay.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The reason why reactors and parts haven't been changed since the 70's is due to regulation. The cost and time it takes to design a new part and then to get it approved by companies like the NRC is way too much so they keep using outdated stuff because of cost
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
        The reason why reactors and parts haven't been changed since the 70's is due to regulation. The cost and time it takes to design a new part and then to get it approved by companies like the NRC is way too much so they keep using outdated stuff because of cost

...and it's still cleaner and better and more efficient than any other way of creating power on this planet.

This doesn't help the face of Nuclear Power at all because the greenies will use this to point out how bad it is for everything.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          ...and it's still cleaner and better and more efficient than any other way of creating power on this planet.

This doesn't help the face of Nuclear Power at all because the greenies will use this to point out how bad it is for everything.
          BUT IT MIGHT HURT A BUNNY!

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            BUT IT MIGHT HURT A BUNNY!
            Exactly. I can't wait for Easter when rabbits get eaten by the Bushel.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

I agree with you that people will overreact to this just like they did with 3 mile island, all the plants in the eastern US and europe are no where near any fault lines, which is too bad because nuclear energy was starting to make a comeback.
              Overreacting? Infant death rate rose 57% in Harrisburg after 3 mile island. I'd say to not at least give a once over to these plants would be fucking asinine. Especially considering the stupid shit that has knocked them down in the past, raccoons, low hanging tree limbs etc.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                Overreacting? Infant death rate rose 57% in Harrisburg after 3 mile island. I'd say to not at least give a once over to these plants would be fucking asinine. Especially considering the stupid shit that has knocked them down in the past, raccoons, low hanging tree limbs etc.
                76% of statistics are false. If you could, I'd like to see where that number came from. Everything that I've read generally maintains that any effects from the radiation leak was negligible at best, especially compared with other, everyday sources.

Also, I'm sure that they are inspected often, its not like the one in Japan just failed on a bright sunny day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  76% of statistics are false. If you could, I'd like to see where that number came from. Everything that I've read generally maintains that any effects from the radiation leak was negligible at best, especially compared with other, everyday sources.

Also, I'm sure that they are inspected often, its not like the one in Japan just failed on a bright sunny day.
                  I don't remember where I came across that fact, I might have even got it from my relatives who live in that area. Radioactive Iodine gets into milk stuff cow milk, goat milk, tit milk. Is it so outlandish to think that it couldn't have a rather large impact on nursing mothers? I know it has a relatively short half life but still.

I'm not here to try to bash nuclear power, I just know that there are other options that could help alleviate some of the stress we are putting on them today. I heard on a news show last night that many plants are operating above capacity. And as stated many of them are 40 years old. If you want sources you can look em up. I'm just some random everyday asshole posting on a jeep forum about nuclear power. Take or leave what I say. I'm not going to fucking MLA cite my posts.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                    I don't remember where I came across that fact, I might have even got it from my relatives who live in that area. Radioactive Iodine gets into milk stuff cow milk, goat milk, tit milk. Is it so outlandish to think that it couldn't have a rather large impact on nursing mothers? I know it has a relatively short half life but still.

I'm not here to try to bash nuclear power, I just know that there are other options that could help alleviate some of the stress we are putting on them today. I heard on a news show last night that many plants are operating above capacity. And as stated many of them are 40 years old. If you want sources you can look em up. I'm just some random everyday asshole posting on a jeep forum about nuclear power. Take or leave what I say. I'm not going to fucking MLA cite my posts.
                    You dont have to get offended by it, but when someone posts a stat that pretty much goes against every official document and study conducted regarding the incident, it would be interesting to see where it came from. It shouldnt be hard to back up what you have to say with facts when called into question.

Also, they probably wouldn't be so stressed if more plants were allowed to be built, but due to the usual panic among the sheep after relatively minor incidents, the whole industry was put on hold, which really put a damper on the development of the US power system.

Comment

Guess how many people died in the U.S. from Nuclear Energy

ZERO

Comment

I eat Fuel Rods for Lunch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X