No announcement yet.

If anyone wants the truth of whats going on with the nuculear plant in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone wants the truth of whats going on with the nuculear plant in Japan

Believe it or not, CNN and Fox aren't experts in the nuclear field.

These people are.

http://www.nei.org/newsandevents/inf...n-that-region/
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Yahoo news must be as good cause they said the same thing...

In case anyone is curious, if there was a wave such as that one that hit japan coming into the side of CT it would definitely do the same thing. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
          Yahoo news must be as good cause they said the same thing...

In case anyone is curious, if there was a wave such as that one that hit japan coming into the side of CT it would definitely do the same thing. Just sayin.
          Thank God for Long Island
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            Yup. Nicole and Samantha, you better get to a boat Quick.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
              true, we were just talking about it at work and found it funny how the local newspaper said that it couldnt happen to millstone because we have the diesel generators for backup power. But Japan did too, and they got flooded the same way millstone would if a wave came in like that

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                The point is that millstone is not on a very active fault line next to the open ocean and a few miles away from volcanoes. If it was it would be built better. japan should have built it to withstand the wrath of the area where they built it.
                Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                  The point is that millstone is not on a very active fault line next to the open ocean and a few miles away from volcanoes. If it was it would be built better. japan should have built it to withstand the wrath of the area where they built it.
                  Japan is the most advanced country as far as building codes for earthquake strength are concerned. They probably did all they could when designing it and it took a MASSIVE earthquake followed by a tidal wave to cause damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Japan is the most advanced country as far as building codes for earthquake strength are concerned. They probably did all they could when designing it and it took a MASSIVE earthquake followed by a tidal wave to cause damage.
                    Based upon a report by G.E. the company who actually built the plant. The main reactors were built just fine and could have withstood more. They are built to withstand a fully loaded 747 ramming directly them. Millstone, in comparison, is very overly-built to withstand a direct impact from a fully fueled KC-130. However the back-up generators and the waste pools are not. According to the G.E. they were built to the same specification as all of the other plants that they have constructed. And Japan or not, every single known nuclear power plant is regulated by the International Atomic Energy Agency and not by the individual country. In fact G.E. did warn the operators of the plant that their back-up power would not stand up to a natural disaster that the area is capable of. Also, what people aren't telling you is that nuclear waste is being released into the air at at-least one plant. This is evidenced by the hydrogen explosions at the plants. When water touches the heated waste it decomposes to hydrogen and oxygen and the fact there there is hydrogen gas being released means that radiation can follow suit and irradiate the air. Clearly other areas with less risk of natural disaster need less protection against this kind of severe disaster. However, people clearly don't understand this as most of Europe's nuclear plants have been shut down for fear of them exploding as well, in fact the German prime minister has ordered all German nuclear plants be shut down. But the fact is that nuclear power the the only 24 hour, 365 energy producing solution that does not emit carbon.
                    Just a little bit of what I know and have heard but there is more to this story than anyone is telling us.
                    Last edited by WickedXJ; 03-16-2011, 09:38 PM.
                    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                    Eric

Comment

I remember reading a while back that the east coast of the U.S. is vulnerable to a huge wave. It was either going to come from the Azores or the Canary Islands. Part of the Mountain is supposed to fall off into the ocean making a huge wave that is supposedly able to make it miles inland of the shore.

Comment

I understand your point about its design specs, and I agree it was incredibly well built, but its nearly impossible to plan for a disaster and chain of events on a scale like Japan experienced

Also, its a well known fact that radiation is being released from several of the reactors at the one plant.

I agree with you that people will overreact to this just like they did with 3 mile island, all the plants in the eastern US and europe are no where near any fault lines, which is too bad because nuclear energy was starting to make a comeback.

Originally posted by TheHeg View Post
                        I remember reading a while back that the east coast of the U.S. is vulnerable to a huge wave. It was either going to come from the Azores or the Canary Islands. Part of the Mountain is supposed to fall off into the ocean making a huge wave that is supposedly able to make it miles inland of the shore.
                        We talked about this the other day in Oceanography, something similar could happen down in the Caribbean which would possibly generate a wave that would travel up the east coast

Comment

I don't think we can plan for all that the earth can dish.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeg View Post
                            I don't think we can plan for all that the earth can dish.
                            Yup, exactly. The Japanese did what they could, but in the end, like stated, sometimes we just can't prevent everything from destroying itself.

It is my Opinion that this earthquake hit the wrong coast. I can think of many different places (Somalia) that I would love to see get hit with an 8.9 Earthquake and massive Tsunami.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                              Yup, exactly. The Japanese did what they could, but in the end, like stated, sometimes we just can't prevent everything from destroying itself.

It is my Opinion that this earthquake hit the wrong coast. I can think of many different places (Somalia) that I would love to see get hit with an 8.9 Earthquake and massive Tsunami.
                              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12097
                              Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X