Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever been called "Manic" for modifying Jeeps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
    im consantly being assaulted by my fiance for spending money on my jeep and why i cant contribute to saving for our life together when im living paycheck to paycheck. fact of the matter is that most of the modifications are done, most things i do now are just upkeep and the occasional fix when adjustments get out of hand(ie stripping TRE inserts and having to wait a week for new parts to come in, which lead to my current issue of bald front tires). the part about "if i dont fix it now it will become a huge problem down the road" always seems to recieve neglect from her(regardless of the fact that its my DD), and issues concerning safety for anyone who travels with me in it or damages caused by lack of maintainace always just turn out to be "You just want to spend more money on that thing because you dont give a shit about our future! all you care about is that STUPID JEEP".... but then comes summer-time when she LOVES going for doorless runs to get food or go down to the shoreline, and trail rides on a boring afternoon. basically if she isnt the one enjoying it then its a burden on our finances... regardless im sure theres plenty of stories identical to mine. I'm not getting rid of my jeep.
    wow man...thats a bummer

f'real
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

indeed sir
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        wow man...thats a bummer

f'real
        Wowza... I hit the emotional buttons for some of the Jeep freaks...

I definitely noticed less questioning when building up the XJ as the UPS bling was coming in as this was obviously for my wifes XJ build...

So many Dads that visit driving their family minivans etc. are like this is your Jeep right? Its starting to feel weird saying no its Vanessa's. Its like family minded peeps have to have minivans or something. I am so close to buying a used one this month too. Too bad I got a middle man self proclaimed "Hustler" working the deal up for me.

So next time your fiance sweats your Jeep bling just rattle off the ROI(return on investment) for a trade in on a minivan for your life together. I've found that they generally get excited about airbags being everywhere. Personally, besides the comments the lil punk ass church kids make about my femme family whip its not that bad.

I basically squashed the minivan deal because I cant fathom paying $1800 for a '97 with 100k miles on it as the family ride.

Then it started with the man scented XJ interior so now I might have to spruce things up a bit with some new carpet and some Mastercraft action.

The life together account is better if you get her to consider that more on a relational level as the Jeep will most likely be around a while lol. She'll be glad if you get good n fast at the bolt ons if ya know what I mean. Losing Dad to an all day repair or modded out affair with the HEEPS gets old for even the kids. Maybe I should actually buy Jeeps that are newer instead of accepting older freebies as that might cut down on the time needed to git r dun!

I bet a good therapy session would be where they get to shoot the Jeeps would be helpful. Maybe a paintball gun would be better (if u like the Jeep) suited @ a meet n greet for all the complacent copilot/lovers LMAO.

Its beach permit weather though now boys, so the doorless red light romances are just around the corner!!! You guys shoulda heard all the commentary when I was rollin with my 3 yr old boy shotgun in my CJ doorless n topless. He is so Jeeped up now its funny. These are some of the biproducts of the "life together" years that were not planned out scenarios etc. Don't let the nest egg mentality rule your world or get free rent in your head too much dude...

Its that second place spot thing again. Just let her shoot em up with my wife
        '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
        '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
        '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
        '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

Comment

I tend to be pretty fortunate when it comes to this because my GF could careless and understands when I need things most of the time.

Comment

IMO i know, see, and understand why this club and all other jeepers out there continue doing what they do...it's not just a 'waste of money' in my eyes...to see will (and the rest of this club/community) put time and thought and effort into making their jeeps into exactly what they want is pretty awesome. i really enjoy watching you all compare and talk and work together to help each other achieve what you all want...i can't even count the number of times you all have been in will's driveway past midnight...how many times you all have gone out of your way to help another wheeler....i love this community and even though i don't have my own jeep, i totally get it
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
              IMO i know, see, and understand why this club and all other jeepers out there continue doing what they do...it's not just a 'waste of money' in my eyes...to see will (and the rest of this club/community) put time and thought and effort into making their jeeps into exactly what they want is pretty awesome. i really enjoy watching you all compare and talk and work together to help each other achieve what you all want...i can't even count the number of times you all have been in will's driveway past midnight...how many times you all have gone out of your way to help another wheeler....i love this community and even though i don't have my own jeep, i totally get it
              Thanks for being one of the few women who 'Get it'.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

.i can't even count the number of times you all have been in will's driveway past midnight..
                too many!
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  Thanks for being one of the few women who 'Get it'.
                  there's not many of us that do...but if you wanna throw some girls my way i can try and make em understand hahaha
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I might be taking you up on that one day...
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

The garage and jeep are a real touchy subject in my household too.
                        I have to many vehicles, it is an eye soar is pretty common.
                        But I have always left her a spot in the driveway.

My wife kind of stays out of it now, just shakes her head, I know she doesn't like me spending money on tools or on the jeep, good thing she has no idea how much things cost.

I started working nights at the garage again so that money and the money I make in my garage I get to spend however I want she still gets mad when I get packeges int he mail.
                        Lately we've been needing extra money to pay the bills since my wife isn't working and now with the kid so I've spent a lot of the garage money on the house stuff, I've slowed down in garage quite a bit.

I cannot wait until she goes back to work.

I just tell here I need to do this to keep sane, I need something to work for. I just ask her what do you want me to do sit next to you on the couch and play X-box?
                        What else can you do without spending money?

I used to spending mad money on tools when I was single. I always worked a second at the garage and was working on a couple cars a week at my house and had 2 roommates. I had more spending money then.

JEEP, Just Empty Every Pocket.
                        It is a very expensive hobby, stay away if you can.
                        Last edited by customcreationsllc; 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM.
                        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

there's not many of us that do...but if you wanna throw some girls my way i can try and make em understand hahaha
                          hahaha, i will help you. we can teach the way of the jeep.

my boyfriend had 'retired' from wheeling before we started dating, sold all of his trucks and everything, then he met me and i got him back into it. we buy each other parts and tools, work on our shit together and everything.
                          either y'all are dating the wrong kind of girls or your women need their own hobbies/passions to take up their time so they're not thinking about what's pissing them off about you
                          erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy View Post
                            either y'all are dating the wrong kind of girls or your women need their own hobbies/passions to take up their time so they're not thinking about what's pissing them off about you
                            amen.
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                            X