Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever been called "Manic" for modifying Jeeps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been called "Manic" for modifying Jeeps?

I have 4 Jeeps of which 3 are running and registered. My wife loses me to these builds specifically the XJ more than not this last year and prior to that it was the CJ but the XJ happens in front of the house into the night quite often.

For instance last night I got home @ 3am after dropping off the wanna be Jeep newb that was basically holding the light all night. If he was doing a seasoned wrenchers amount of work concurrently the time frame would have been much tighter...

The fact that I start late is a problem yes but having this insane thought process of my wife shredding the blacks is ludicrous and I spend lots of loot and time on the XJ under her nose which gets my psycho analysis from my MSW CSW wife to no end.

Many women would have been like 6 trucks ABCya longtime ago...

that said, the Jeep camp is definitely an OCD camp by nature as is many other enthusiast circles as I've been told by my Bimmer bud out west. He too has 6 bmw's ranging from Euro M6 to a '71 2002 with 30K+ in mods. Bob is sooooo single though. No family, kids, mortgage etc. In fact he still rides 10K miles a year and is the only dude I use to race bikes with that is still racing Cat 1 and placing often. The racing isn't even a thought for me anymore but all the psycho analysis is really getting annoying as I'm sure my Jeeps gone wild are annoying to my Mrs.

Any of you guys feelin this? I know most of the SiS'ers up in here are probably half my ancient spry age of 41; buuuuuuuuuuuuut, emotionally I'm hovering around the early teens.

Thoughts? Its not like sell or the lawyers will be on speed dial but I gots to sell one and lose this OCD Jeeper stigma without buying a Gay K!

Anyone chime in and I can take jabs, shots, kicks etc.

I love having a built Jeep and dreaming of what to do next etc. Its just been a while on this build which she only wanted paint(and I always wanted to build an XJ on 35's). Only enthusiasts get these rides as sweet and thats fine...just don't want a flight deck timeshare for doing it!!!
    '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
    '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
    '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
    '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

I am.very perplexed...
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
        LOL

Thx dude I needed that...btw, the Waggy is the next Jeep to be revived

I know I have my FB posts often translated b/c I have a case of the hen pecking of the fingertips when stressing...

I didn't understand or want to understand married stuff when I was in early 20's...

But I will say this...If you have passion in all that you do whether its building a house, a truck, or training to be the fastest cyclist in the district, anyone can look at those interests as your priority and nobody wants to "lock up" second place in that scenario as a "significant other". Its like women think they're insignificant when you cast that as the normal lifestyle and that's when the MANIC comes into the equation apparently. Anyone concur? I admit I'm a black and white, all or nothing type. I'm already blowin up the keys too much over this and its not the Heeps as the root issue but I'm tossing it out there and processing it in the same.

Many might say that this sounds like co-dependency... Is that too hard to understand or am I typing now like the peeps I'm frustrated with? LOL

All that matters is that we keep waving at other Jeeps right? LOL.... NOT!

So as long as I have hobbies like sailing, cycling competitive or for fun, Jeep Enthusiast with a zeal for the trails and such it will often cause a gap that is constantly being bridged or repaired etc...

So seems the case... How do you like your Duck prepared?

Can't wait to wheel this XJ in a real test of the goods on the hardcore terrain.:
        '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
        '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
        '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
        '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

Comment

Nope. I've never been called Manic or stupid or foolish for doing what I do to jeeps, at least not by people that matter to me.

My Family doesn't give a shit one way or another and my Father is rather supportive because he has 3 Grand Wagoneers himself that run on occasion.

What we do is a hobby and a lifestyle and if others cannot comprehend what we do, then they have no say in how we do it.

Though, I do think you should step away from the jeeps once in a while and learn to form a cohesive thought and structure those thoughts into paragraphs rather than random sentences littered with random and absurd ideas that have no relevance to the subject matter.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I just like the people that look at you like you are retarded at stop lights from inside the confines of their honda.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I had a black lady look at my jeep once at a stop light and say "WHY DON'T YOU WASH YO JEEP?"

I lawled.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have people call me stupid and a dumbass all the time for spending money and time on my Jeep, telling my I should save up and get a "good" car. They tend to eat it when they call me "hey Eric how would you get unstuck from a [insert stupid place here]?" Then 15 minutes later another call "hey Eric do you know anyone who can get us unstuck?" Then they thank me profusely after my "P.O.S." rips their vehicle from the grasp of a mud bog or a snow bank, etc. But then a month later they forget completely about it and are back to the rude comments. Basically I love working on, driving in, talking about, just generally being a Jeep person so everyone who wants to degrade that can go take it up the ass in their little honda.

As for your situation I know with my girlfriends what works is I just tell that I get that they feel like they are a secondary priority to me but I just tell them they are my first priority, they usually are good for like 3 months after that(even if you change nothing.) Just have the talk every 3 months...idk always works for me
                Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                Eric

Comment

I have been called a lot of things when it comes to my vehicles. I do this a lot also, when I get involved in something it typically consumes me. and there is always something.
                  Fortunately my wife sees this in a positive light. She loves the fact that when I want something I make it happen, no matter what it takes, the only problem is when it takes pushing her aside. I have been working on this a lot and its tough, and I definitely think its a little OCD.
                  When it comes down to it its all about compromise. Some times it makes me crazy not to get something done, but I just remind myself that the car is just gonna sit there for another month anyway, so not getting it done today isnt the end of the world.
                  I will always have a project, and always be working on something. Its what makes me sane and my wife understands that, but again, as long as I recognize she is there when I need to.
                  Dan.
                  2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                  www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

My wag is currently driving under its own power as a 4spd

Get that thing goin'
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

My jeep is my milder life choice, the being a mohawked, tattooed and obnoxious musician being the one I normally get judged on
                      dirty30

Comment

My family all say that im crazy and i'm obssed with jeeps, its a waste of my money and blah blah. My girlfriend gets madd when ever i buy something new for my jeep, because I buy more for my jeep than her... and I ignore everyone and keep doing what im doing. If it makes you happy that's all that matters F**k everyone else..
                        01 tj

Comment

im consantly being assaulted by my fiance for spending money on my jeep and why i cant contribute to saving for our life together when im living paycheck to paycheck. fact of the matter is that most of the modifications are done, most things i do now are just upkeep and the occasional fix when adjustments get out of hand(ie stripping TRE inserts and having to wait a week for new parts to come in, which lead to my current issue of bald front tires). the part about "if i dont fix it now it will become a huge problem down the road" always seems to recieve neglect from her(regardless of the fact that its my DD), and issues concerning safety for anyone who travels with me in it or damages caused by lack of maintainace always just turn out to be "You just want to spend more money on that thing because you dont give a shit about our future! all you care about is that STUPID JEEP".... but then comes summer-time when she LOVES going for doorless runs to get food or go down to the shoreline, and trail rides on a boring afternoon. basically if she isnt the one enjoying it then its a burden on our finances... regardless im sure theres plenty of stories identical to mine. I'm not getting rid of my jeep.
                          Last edited by Lycaon; 03-07-2011, 11:58 PM.
                          2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                          1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

hahaha I knew exactly what you where going to say!
                            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yea cause you and diz have to hear about it all the time
                              2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                              1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Working...
                              X