Overland Experts part doux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
    You can absolutely do this but bear in mind when you snap your winch line because you failed to unspool it to the perfect wrap number or your winching to point that you shouldn't or you are not following the 120 degree rule or you haven't used parachute rigs(something I have never seen used with this club) then you might think it is worth the money.
    As for the quip about the training course being easy...what right do you have to comment on the difficulty of a course you have never seen let alone know where it is? The only reason it looks green is because the only time I had to take video was when we were at the easy parts.
    As for the money feel free to pay $100 for a weekend at RC...then $100+ for gas...then $50+ for food...then $300+ for broken gear(anyone going out to learn is bound to break something)...and well over $1000 for broken parts and even a totally broken rig...then good luck getting home in your rig that you just spent a weekend beating on while you learned how to wheel.There while learning I spent $30 for the week on gas for my rig to get back and forth. I blew a $700 steering setup in one rig and a $400 tire in another...guess how much more I paid for those $0. Sorry if this is harsh but if you openly admit that you may be ignorant on the subject then just leave it be!
    good luck getting home? You learn how to fix your rig.. on the trail or on the side of the road, did the course tell you how to do that? It doesnt matter how much training you have if you wheel recreationaly you will break stuff
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Most of our club trips, people break on the highway driving home, not on the trail... And I'm being serious. Knowing how to fix your rig needs to go way beyond repairs for trail damage.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Random bump.. where did the training take place?
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          Random bump.. where did the training take place?
          East Haddam, Hadlyme, and East Lyme, maybe a little bit of Lyme. Oh and thanks for bringing this up again, I hope to get some more videos that other people took on Monday, they should be MUCH better than the ones I took. And these are actually of me instead of the other guy and the trainers.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

i spoke with Bruce from there briefly today in email about potential promotional work..the sands course here in CT looks pretty damn sweet...was just curious where exactly it was based if i needed to go
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

112 Hemlock Valley Rd.
              East Haddam, CT 06423
              This is their listed address and their actual building.They make you meet them at a public location and then drive you to the course which is just off some random trail off a private trail. I think Bruce spends most of his time in the office though but the building is pretty hard to miss. You drive though $500,000+ homes set back in the woods then you see a big ass yard with a huge garage and a ton of vehicles sitting around, some working, some not, and boats, and just random shit you would find in most off-road enthusiasts yards.
              Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
              93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
              Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                112 Hemlock Valley Rd.
                East Haddam, CT 06423
                This is their listed address and their actual building. The course is only 2 minutes down the road but I don't think they like giving that out. They make you meet them at a public location and then drive you to the course which is just off some random trail off a private trail. I think Bruce spends most of his time in the office though but the building is pretty hard to miss. You drive though $500,000+ homes set back in the woods then you see a big ass yard with a huge garage and a ton of vehicles sitting around, some working, some not, and boats, and just random shit you would find in most off-road enthusiasts yards.
                interesting I work on my stuff up that way/ride my streetbike up that way and dont recall ever seeing this.

Comment

Working...
                X