Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more Jeep for now. But I do have a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was fully catless, no CEL, passed NY inspection
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
      How much power does something like that put to the ground out of curiosity?
      If I had to hazard a guess prolly about 200-210awhp. Maybe a hair more, I saw a couple people online who had similar setups have about that much power.

It isnt really that much power but the car is really light and it has pretty low gears.
      Last edited by iant333; 12-18-2010, 12:29 PM.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
        i was fully catless, no CEL, passed NY inspection
        How did you get rid of the CEL? Thats all I'm worried about as far as inspection except the fact that the idiot that installed the WRX seats didnt bother to adapt the SRS airbag plugs so the airbag light is on too.

I know a couple people that will wave me on through an inspection as long as it will pass emissions though.

And the engine has like 100kmi on it. I'm just gonna drive it hard until it blows up to give me an excuse to rebuild it. I might go down to the next M&G because it doesn't get 14mpg like my Jeep if you want to do a photoshoot or something.

It has some issues but all in all it still was a real good deal. I can have everything fixed for like 300 bucks and a few hours sorting out a couple minor things.
        Last edited by iant333; 12-18-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

i'm not sure how it didn't have one, i think it was just tuned for it

do not drive it hard till it blows thats a terrible idea. also be easy on the 5 speed cause you will break it.

what else is done to the motor besides exhaust and intake? if nothing it prob makes like 160-170 awhp
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            what else is done to the motor besides exhaust and intake? if nothing it prob makes like 160-170 awhp
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

sorry i know these things matty. also you don't answer your texts
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

It has a JDM RA trans (the whole thing) which a bunch of people said is good for almost 300hp. I'm not doing like clutch dumps or anything so I'm not worried about breaking it.

It has a boost controller in addition to the exhaust. Is it around that just because it isn't tuned (that I know of). I saw one one or two posts online with people having a similar setup and getting about 200hp.

There is a tuner that specializes in like honda's and stuff but they say they can dyno tune Subaru's on their website so i'm gonna give them a call on Monday and see if they can sort out the Check Engine stuff and tune it.

And i'm planning on rebuilding the engine anyways. It really wouldn't make much difference if it blows up or not.
                Last edited by iant333; 12-18-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
                  Body is mint, was a Colorado car so zero rust.
                  Sweet new whip, but I dont get how the fact that it is a Colorado car that it has zero rust. It snows a lot there........ and they put down road salt when it snows...... I can see a Florida car having no rust, but of all places I would think CO would be terrible.
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    Sweet new whip, but I dont get how the fact that it is a Colorado car that it has zero rust. It snows a lot there........ and they put down road salt when it snows...... I can see a Florida car having no rust, but of all places I would think CO would be terrible.
                    same exact thing i said to nicole
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

It's from Colorado; Everyone with an ounce of Seat Time knows that the state is made of Magic and Laws that defy basic Chemistry and Physics. Salt just Doesn't corrode stuff in CO....it just....Doesn't.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        It's from Colorado; Everyone with an ounce of Seat Time knows that the state is made of Magic and Laws that defy basic Chemistry and Physics. Salt just Doesn't corrode stuff in CO....it just....Doesn't.
                        also rocks become sticky.
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Well it doesnt have any rust either way.

Comment

i'm still jealous
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

sick car man
                              4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Working...
                              X