Night Sites or Laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
    Hell I have a flash light in my pocket at all times, as a mechanic you use it non stop.
    Just an LED mini mag but pretty bright.
    I would love one of those crazy bright flashlights but I would destroy it the first day out.

Then I'll probably get the night sites first. Well when I get the money.

Thanks
    ~Justin
    You don't need something super expensive; you just need something that will illuminate your target in low light situations for you to obtain the correct sight picture.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I love my Night Sights on my Smith much more than any laser I have had or used. I picked up a Nebo CIA flashlight which is similar to some of the Surefire flashlights and it is amazing.

Also, a laser gives away your position when you dont want to be seen, and is just one more thing to depend on that can go wrong. Night Sights dont just "not work" when you need them most.
      Trijicon ftw!
      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by YJCrawler19 View Post
        Trijicon ftw!

Pretty Much.
        sigpic

Comment

I was a USMC pistol marksmenship and tactical Instructor. I wouldnt use a red laser ever!
          The only laser worth a shit is an IR laser and you dont have nvgs so go with night sights. I love them! With a little pratice and work in dark shooting you with actually be able to get on target faster and be more accurate with sights. For follow on shots the gas and smoke will cause the beam to cause a momentary "glare". When you think about it this may not seem like a big deal, but any extra light when its pitch black will cause your eyes to readjust. I really think these trijicon sights are nice. I have shot with them on a buddies Glock and they were great. Failure dirlls, speed reloads, anything! The performance was 100% better than standard sights. Now, to add to what Phill said the best bet for most shooters would be a hand held or rail mounted flash light. No matter what route you go you need to partice shooting ALOT! when ever you ad any modtification to your weapon. My 2 Cents.

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
            I was a USMC pistol marksmenship and tactical Instructor. I wouldnt use a red laser ever!
            The only laser worth a shit is an IR laser and you dont have nvgs so go with night sights. I love them! With a little pratice and work in dark shooting you with actually be able to get on target faster and be more accurate with sights. For follow on shots the gas and smoke will cause the beam to cause a momentary "glare". When you think about it this may not seem like a big deal, but any extra light when its pitch black will cause your eyes to readjust. I really think these trijicon sights are nice. I have shot with them on a buddies Glock and they were great. Failure dirlls, speed reloads, anything! The performance was 100% better than standard sights. Now, to add to what Phill said the best bet for most shooters would be a hand held or rail mounted flash light. No matter what route you go you need to partice shooting ALOT! when ever you ad any modtification to your weapon. My 2 Cents.
            Nice input.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Nice input.
              Yup.

Nightsights and a Flashlight, Justin. Do it. That's the route I'm going with my next 1911, specifically the Surefire X300.
              Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 12-10-2010, 10:54 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

My Kimber TLE II has night sites but my Kimber ultra carry has a laser and it will soon get a set of night sites. I will say I do like the night sites more though and there are no batteries to go out at the worst possible time.
                07 Jeep WK HEMI Powered, OME hd lift, powertank, BFG MT, 4XGuard rockers, and more to come
                08 Husky SMR510
                A large stash of guns and ammo

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                  I was a USMC pistol marksmenship and tactical Instructor.
                  Would you want to do a SIS tactical course?
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Would you want to do a SIS tactical course?
                    Find a range worth a damn and I'll be down.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Find a range worth a damn and I'll be down.
                      x2
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

yea i would totally do it. Just let me know what you want to get from it and i will build something. We just need a place to do it, as phill said.
                        Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

What about someone with a big back yard.

Anyone have a big back yard?
                          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

What about someone with a big back yard.

Anyone have a big back yard?
                            I have a place to shoot (my parents house) but i just dont have the target setup like gongs ect...

me and my buddies shoot there all the time so....
                            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Well, for practicing pistols, all we need is a massive dirt berm at 20-25 yards or so. The problem with most ranges is they don't allow shooting offhand or allow movement while shooting. Yes, even when practicing we must abide by basic firearm safety rules but it would be nice to be able to move and shoot and practice. Accuracy is one thing; anyone can buckle down, get into a position and shoot at paper or hit a Gong at 100 yards, what I have been looking for is somewhere where we can learn to be accurate while on the move and practice speed reloading and weapon malfunction drills. As I said before, all that can be done with a berm 20-25 yards away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Phil, you are more then welcome to come up and shoot any time, I have a kubota tractor, land and cool parents. And my dad is into building some nice shooting benches ect..

I do know how far away it is from you and that can be a detouring factor

Comment

Working...
                                X