to buy or not to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to buy or not to buy

I have a friend of mine who is probably going to part out his 99 xj. Pretty decked out with 35" toyos.

He offered me his rock hard roll cage for $800. It would be a pretty simple install seeing as it's a bolt on cage. The jeep has never been rolled so the cage is in perfect shape. Should i go for it?

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/xj-96.html

BTW if he does part out i will most likely post it up here for him, there is some stuff i'm sure a ton of you guys would want. Champion beadlocks, 35/13.5r15 toyos, d44 with ox, d30 with aussie, 4.56 gears, tnt rockrunner f. bumper, etc.

ive seen one in person, theyre pretty nice, but theyre not tied in super well and dont have any triangulation. worth the 1 grand? definitely not. worth 800? meh. you can get one welded in for less than that. better than nothing though.

Comment

Yea that was my thinking on it as well. The main thing i liked about it is that if i ever got another xj, i can take it out easy as pie. They do look nice but your right they aren't the strongest looking cages in the world.

Comment

http://dandcextreme.com/product.asp?pkID=126
        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

$550. thats rather decent
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

link doesnt work for me

Comment

meither

Comment

me either

is his xj black by chance/ have a black liftgate?
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

click the link then click on cages. you guys can do it i have faith
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

it comes with a main hoop. shits built
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                      me either

is his xj black by chance/ have a black liftgate?
                      no, red

And yea thats a pretty sweet kit, but it's weld in and DOM tubing costs extra. I'm probably going to turn down the rock hard cage but i'm still considering it.
                      Last edited by Even; 03-12-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

i think you should get your rig wheelable and wheel it and then worry about a cage.

Comment

thats what of the main reasons i am probably going to turn this down, i need the money for other things right now

Comment

MMMMMmmmmm.... d44 with ox and 30 with aussie... sounds good to me
                            -Tim

Comment

and chromo 30/33 spline shafts i believe...

Comment

Working...
                              X