FUCK... HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUCK... HELP

so I drove my yj all day today, to school (40 mins away), and out to dinner. I then go to my girlfriends house... the jeep is still running fine. I start driving home and after a little while I notice that when I gas it a little bit it bogs down. So I brush that off and keep driving for a few more minutes and then it gets really rreally bad, almost like there werent cylinders firing. So i pull over, and the jeep is sputtering really bad and I turn it off. Still have coolant, oil, etc, and everything appears to be fine. I drive it the last minute of the trip home and it is not sounding healthy at all. It was fine for couple seconds then just got worse again.

Anybody have any clue what it could be... because I am at a loss..
    91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

its also idling rough..... from the inside.. the whole jeep shakes pretty hard............

Comment

my first guess would be lack of fuel pressure. not enough fuel will do what you described
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Any CEL's? When is the last time you did a tune up? Filters, plugs, and such?

Comment

Sounds like when my jeep had the crank position sensor blow. they are notorious for going.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

pull your plugs and check their color. white means not enough fuel, black means too much.
            winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

cat converter?
              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

My jeep used to do that when it Rained. Then I got a new coil and distributor cap.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  My jeep used to do that when it Rained. Then I got a new coil and distributor cap.
                  x2 on that
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                    my first guess would be lack of fuel pressure. not enough fuel will do what you described
                    thats what I was starting to think. I was maybe thinking of checking my fuel pressure

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                    Any CEL's? When is the last time you did a tune up? Filters, plugs, and such?
                    no cel's. at the beginning of the summer I did plugs dist. cap, intake bla bla.

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                    Sounds like when my jeep had the crank position sensor blow. they are notorious for going.
                    hmm. It might be this, so I will have to check. How would I check?

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    pull your plugs and check their color. white means not enough fuel, black means too much.
                    I will do that very soon first thing.

Originally posted by kracker View Post
                    cat converter?
                    HA. I do not have a cat.. it made a rattling noise so I took it out and the jeep ran like a champ.

and I dont think its the dist. cap or coil... that seems fine.

I'm gunna go outside soon and see what I can find

Comment

Pull a few plugs and if they seem ok check the cps. It is behind the motor on top of the tranny where is meets the motor. There's two bolts to undo and it will come out. If its got all black shit on it clean it up a bit and put it in, run it and see if it still does it. If not, go get a new one
                      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

it also sounds like a lawnmower if that helps

Comment

ok. so.

checked all plugs and wires, theyre good
                          fuel seems to be fine
                          when I start it, the intake seems to be making a loud noise that I have never heard before. Engine seems to not be firing on all cylinders, jeep shakes like a mofo then stalls out.
                          CPS was really dirty, pulled it out and cleaned, everything worked just as bad if not worse. could the CPS really make the engine run this bad?

Comment

I just checked the codes.. even though the light wasnt on... 13 and 33.

No difference recognized between the engine MAP reading and the barometric (atmosphereic) pressure reading at start-up

and 33 is for the ac... which is out.

Comment

hows the cap/rotor? any arcing?
                              winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Working...
                              X