Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this tranny

Ford with PTO I think I counted 31 splines output 6 round bolt pattern
    Hint I think it came out of a 89 F350 behind a 460 dually.

I think this is the bell housing.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

looks like an NP435

Comment

You sure its from an 89? they had the ZF transmissions then which that definatly is not...
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

pat

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
          looks like an NP435
          nahh cant be look at that pic compared to a np435 pic side by side the one shown here has a much diferent case design
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
            nahh cant be look at that pic compared to a np435 pic side by side the one shown here has a much diferent case design
            I took a guess, I'm no ford guy anyway..

Comment

t-18?
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

i thought this thread was definitely going somewhere else
                I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                  i thought this thread was definitely going somewhere else
                  x2
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

in my searches:
                    know the NP435 have the aluminum top cover, where the shifter comes out of. The T18 and T19 have cast steel covers.

T18 - The T-18 has a one piece removable cover with a top shifter and looks very similar to the NP-435, however the cover is cast iron, not aluminum. Look for the bottom of the transmission case to taper up toward the rear and the PTO cover plate will be on the driver’s side.

The Ford versions can also be identified by its casting numbers cast into the driver's side of the case, commonly "T18-1E" for earlier units and "13-01" for later units. From 1966 until 1978, many T18s used a T98 shifter assembly. 1979 and newer T18s used a three fork shift cover assembly that shifts reverse gear directly. Because of this, reverse location is on the opposite side of neutral than the earlier version ('66 to '78). Earlier versions reverse gears shifts over and up - later versions shift over and down.

NP435 - You can recognize the NP435 by it’s single piece, aluminum, bolt-on top cover with the shifter sticking directly out of the top and a fitting on the driver’s side for the back up light switch. Most have the letters “NP” inside a circle cast into the cover. The NP435 is sometimes hard to tell from the similar looking T18 or T19. One way to check is with a magnet, which won’t stick to the aluminum top cover of the NP435. The NP435 also has the PTO cover plate on the passenger’s side. Weight is approximately 120 lbs.

The shifting pattern for all of the 435's is in the standard "H" pattern with reverse gear being to the right side, and down.
                    Last edited by Customjob; 08-19-2010, 09:43 AM.
                    2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                      You sure its from an 89? they had the ZF transmissions then which that definatly is not...
                      Not positive that it is an 89

I got the tranny about 10 years ago while I was still in college my friend stripped a which I thought was 89 ford F350 but at this point it could even have been a chevy.

It's been a while.
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I think that info is wrong on the Side of trans for PTO
                        This is a t18/19

2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
                          I think that info is wrong on the Side of trans for PTO
                          This is a t18/19

Cool that looks like it.
                          Well Owen Is this the tranny you wanted? he claimed first bids on it.
                          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

I posted a reply in the for sale section on ID'ing it. I have a NP435 now which I want to stick with, I'll pass, thanks.
                            1950 Willys Trail Rig
                            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X