Slade checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slade checking in

Hey guys, My names Rich (all my friends call me Slade after the 80s glam metal band) and I live in NJ (I know). Im 19 (20 in Dec) and have had the XJ since I got my permit. Aside from offroading and stuff like that, I do WWII re enactments and play airsoft nationwide. Im currently in college under an Army ROTC scholarship and will be serving 4 years after college hopefully branching ordinance and hopefully getting EOD or Armor and hopefully getting Cavalry. If those two fail, the good old Infantry should do it for me.

Im looking into joining another Club due to my last one became full of assholes that ruined trails and always wanted to wheel illegally hence my reasons for leaving. My girlfriend goes to UCONN which Im pretty sure is around where this club is located and I visit her every other weekend so Ill hopefully be going to meet and greets and some events soon with this group soon.

Some info on my XJ-
    - 2000 XJ Sport 4.0L I6
    - C8.25 and D30 with 4.56s
    - Teraflex rear disc conversion
    - RE 3.5'' SF kit with .75'' spacer up front. Actually around 4'' total.
    - 33x12.50 BFG ATs
    - Pro Comp Rims
    - Rustys Intake
    - Flowmaster Super 40
    - Tom Woods Front and Rear DS
    - AA SYE
    - JKS Control Arms
    - Bushwackers
    - Surco Roof Rack
    - Delta Lights
    - Treks Rockrunner Bumper
    - Superwinch LP8500
    - Detours Tailbone
    - Lots of other stuff I cant remember
    - Willys MB Paint Job and decals

Future mods- (funny storry about this, got a bad tattoo a few months ago so his insurance company is giving me $50,000 ($18,00 goes to my lawyer) for my inconvenience so Im walking out with roughly $32,000. Planning on throwing around $6,000 into my Jeep so this is what Im looking at so far)-
    - 35'' Baja Claws or KM2s
    - Currie Steering
    - ARB Lockers front and rear
    - RC Long Arm
    - Treks Rockrails
    - Warn Manual Hubs
    - Longer Travel Shocks
    - Adj trac bar

Some pics-

And if anyone is interested, my other hobbies-

- Slade
    U.S. Army

hi!! welcome to SiS

awesome intro post

bad tattoo...huh? curious to know the story behind that one....haha
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

awesome intro...

do you re-enact? airsoft? both? i used to airsoft but hard to find people interested in that kind of thing. mil-sim airsoft is a good time... i still have a bunch of gear

edit: just read your intro text fully, sorry im a retard,. haha

welcome

just missed our annual big event, charity for the troops stuff. http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9009

great themed jeep...here is my old project jeep..now awaiting the scrap heap for a redo, haha

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Heres the tattoo story, Im in the Army so I wanted a Black and natural skin color reversed American Flag on my right arm like worn on the ACU, so I brought the "very well reputed" artist the exact patch ( IR patch) that I wear and he said he could do it perfectly and the stars and everything will be perfect......here is what I got-

(the whole thing is a straight rectangle, my arm is just bent but the "stars" or actually diamonds and triangles are a joke.)

Heavy Metal-
        Yeah I do both, airsoft Im on a national sponsored team (Im the support gunner for the team). Ive been playing for like 7 years. Im huge into milsim games. I just got back from a game up in Ft. Drum on their MOUT site. IIRC youre up in Ct, there is a huge player base up there. Check out AirsoftCT.com or MAASF.com if you are interested in getting back into it.
        WWII- Im the BAR gunner for my group (I see a trend here haha). The group Im with is the 78th Infantry Division (based in Southern NJ).

Ive seen your build thread on your old project jeep, it was sick while it lasted.

Damn, I wish I had joined here sooner so I could have made that one.
        I might be able to make it to the meet and greet this weekend (my gf is moving in to her apartment so Ill be up in that area).
        Last edited by Slade; 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM.
        U.S. Army

Comment

wow..that sucks

and it sounds like you & will (heavymetal) are going to get along justtttttttttttttt fine.
          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

nice xj should ditch the pro comp rims though. they cause other things to break
            94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
            3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Yeah it does but getting $50K out of it I'm kinda happy he fucked up my arm haha. I've already started laser removal and will be getting it re done at a better place.

Haha well that's good then.

Jeepbogger4x4, yeah when I get new tires I'm looking at getting MT rims
              U.S. Army

Comment

well, i am thinkin i should go find someone to fuck up a tattoo one of these days
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  well, i am thinkin i should go find someone to fuck up a tattoo one of these days

have them make a tattoo of HardCoreConcepts instead of HeavyMetalConcepts? hahahahahaa
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    If you're willing to take a trip I've got an address and phone number, I highly recommend him. He does "excellent" work haha
                    U.S. Army

Comment

Welcome, dood. Nice rig
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

What's up dude awesome intro thread. Im right around the corner in Morristown! get yoself to some events dude

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

What uconn campus does your girlfriend attend? my sister is up at the Avery Point campus in groton. Thats one clean looking jeep.
                          God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Love your jeep. I see you on jeep forum all the time.

Comment

Welcome from Jersey as well!!!! sweet intro thread, where do you go to school?
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X