balancing tires with beads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balancing tires with beads??

I recently heard that you can actually balance big tires with beads, or bb-like material. Anyone know where I can find this stuff, and if you've had experience with it? I daily drive my TJ, and DO NOT want vibrating tires!

Also, isn't it noisy when coming to a stop?
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

peopel use airsoft pellets, the amount depends on the size of your tire i think. look it up, give it a shot, let us know how it goes
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i have used airsoft bb's and steel bb gun bb's with great success (well not on my tsl's, those things needed a prayer)
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

andrew (cumminsjeep) has airsoft beads in his 35's and they work great, i think Burton does too
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

waht a waste of airsoft bb's, id much rather be shooting my neighbor with them while he rides his moped down the street
          dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
            waht a waste of airsoft bb's, id much rather be shooting my neighbor with them while he rides his moped down the street
            Oh the good ole days when I had an arsenal of airsoft guns! I need to get another one. Me and a bunch of freinds use to have shweeeet battles with them.

On another note, I have also heard that RV antifreeze works awesome for internal balancing! Apparently the magic number seems to be 8-9 ounces of bb's or antifreeze, and that should get you the caddy-isk ride! I think I'm gonna try the airsoft bb's with my 35's, and I'll let you all know how it works.
            2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

I was thinking about doing this a couple times..... I have heard stories of people getting beads stuck in their valve stem when airing down. Do you just keep the wheel weights on and add the airsoft, or what? I ask because Everytime I get my tires balanced the ride is smooth for about a week, and the I start getting balance issues again (shimmy/vibes/whatnot), take it back to the shop, to find out I'm out of balance again.
                Last edited by bucketokarma; 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

when i get my 35's im all over that stuff
                  dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                    when i get my 35's im all over that stuff
                    Works w/ my 37s.
                    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

do you use the smaller beads, or the larger "off-road" ones?
                      dirty30

Comment

I used the chart... for 37X13X15 I used 12oz per tire.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm

Dyna Beads in Standard Bags. I open up the bag & drop the beads inside before closin up the last bead on the tire. Bam... insta balancing.
                        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

alright, so youve got the filtered stems and such? cuz down lower on that screen they have oversized ones for large tires that dont require the filtered stem
                          dirty30

Comment

Eh... no filtered stem. I've never lost or seen any beads coming out when airing down.

When I bought mine they def did not have the larger bead option. Was about 2 years ago.
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

i have 11 oz of airsoft bb's in my 35's. works freakin excellent. sometimes when coming to a stop i hear a slight sound from them, but its kinda cool and its very hard to hear. also they start balancing roughly around 30mph so before that it is out of balance. though if you are going 20 mph you couldn't tell anyway. i highly recommend this and would use them in my DD also
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X