Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fab shop feeler for eastern CT

Hey all my name is mike.
    and im going to be expanding my business and looking into breaking into the hardcore offroad community. I'm going to be contacting the mods on this forum to be possibly become a vendor for the forum

Elite Fusion Fabrication will be producing some high quality boomerang shackles and rocker guards for jeeps to begin with... with more additions as production balances out. What im looking for is suggestions for products that you guys are interested in seeing...

I personally own an 87 YJ and im doing a frame up rebuild on it in my spare time.
    I'm thinking about making a really rugged replacement weld in front spring perch for the yj, to replace those terrible factory mounts.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm very interested in what you as consumers would like to see produced to help our rigs perform better in the hobby we love.

Thanks,
    Mike.
    Elite Fusion Fabrication.

thats quite the name to live up to.
    95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

hmmm i have been looking for armor i will be waiting to see what develops
      TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

let me know (PM) when you're ready to become a vendor

not me personally, but i feel like people are always interested in cheaper bumper solutions, any kind of armor solution (side armor for example), affordable gas tank skids, so on

on the other hand, my real business is advertising/media, let me know if you'd be interested in anything
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Roll cage for a tj, ill buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Xtremeyj420 View Post
            Hey all my name is mike.
            and im going to be expanding my business and looking into breaking into the hardcore offroad community. I'm going to be contacting the mods on this forum to be possibly become a vendor for the forum

Elite Fusion Fabrication will be producing some high quality boomerang shackles and rocker guards for jeeps to begin with... with more additions as production balances out. What im looking for is suggestions for products that you guys are interested in seeing...

I personally own an 87 YJ and im doing a frame up rebuild on it in my spare time.
            I'm thinking about making a really rugged replacement weld in front spring perch for the yj, to replace those terrible factory mounts.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm very interested in what you as consumers would like to see produced to help our rigs perform better in the hobby we love.

Thanks,
            Mike.
            Elite Fusion Fabrication.
            What is your current business? Do you have laser cutting/cnc brake capabilities? I would love to see someone local make some link and shock brackets. Also if you get busy and ever need to subcontract out any welding jobs, send me a message, I am TIG and Stick certified to er90/9018, T22 materials, unlimited thickness
            1950 Willys Trail Rig
            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Hey SIS...

sorry i haven't been on lately. Been flat out busy trying to get some loose ends tied down. and getting some equipment ordered...

First off Murdered...
              Yea it is a pretty tough name to live up to..... but nothing good ever comes easy.... I prefer to show by example, rather than runnin my mouth.... lol

Second Wrpoole,
              I have been looking into armor... and i have some prototypes that i have to build and check some on fit and finish... also looking on making a weld in kit for a flat belly skid.
              and im gonna draw up some plans for rear corner armor. If there is anything else you would be interested in please by all means let me know...

Third Heavy...
              I appreciate the info and the heads up. I have two front bumper designs in the works and one rear bumper tire carrier combo that should support 40's w/ a built in receiver hitch. also tossing around the idea of having an add on option to make them compatible for OBA storage, not sure though. Rocker guards and fuel tank skid are on the plate too...but will probably be a couple months till i have a working prototype...
              On the advertising side... once i get this expansion ironed out a little i might be contacting you....

Fourth Schicko...
              I'm definitely looking into cages, As I believe there is a lot of room for improvement in not necessarily the cage design but the blend between an adequate amount of strength for weekend wheeler's and a reasonable price that doesn't make the majority of the consumers cringe. but honestly the cage isn't gonna be for a little while anyway.

Fourth Owen,
              I'm located in Hopkinton RI, close to the old R&R truck stop in North Stonington, CT. I'm currently in the process of getting a new 4x8 CNC plasma, a few new TIG machines and trying to figure out which press brake would fit my needs the best. And on the Welding side of the shop we are pretty full as of right now... i have a few mobile units that are my bread and butter as of right now... and if you guys here on SIS like my products and keep me busy... Maybe ill have a few more openings...

Thanks Everyone for your interest in our products
              Mike.
              ELITE FUSION FABRICATION

Comment

What company are you looking into for your CNC plasma? Im looking at the torchmate 4x8 myself, I'd like to spring for the 5x10 but there is a good price gap.
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                  What company are you looking into for your CNC plasma? Im looking at the torchmate 4x8 myself, I'd like to spring for the 5x10 but there is a good price gap.
                  I've been looking at the torchmate and the Bulltear... both look like excellent machines. But the customer service for torchmate is legendary... but then again I do like the price point of the bulltear table more... I'm Kinda torn to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                    We have a 5x10 torchmate set up here. takes up alot of space in the shop and we now use a lazer cutter.we just sold it and our getting a 2x4 for prototyping purposes
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Best of luck. At least it sounds like your already in the kind of business.
                      Just make sure you have the correct insurance.
                      Did you hear about the EVB law suite? He sold bead lock rims that exploded on the customer, the rim company went out of business in CT the seller is responsible if the manufacture goes under. Yes he got screwed kind of scared me away.

I've been trying to get a fab shop going for years, now I just stepped back and doing it for fun. I couldn't take the leap from full time secure paycheck to the fab shop.
                      Maybe when I retire it will keep me busy.

I find a lot of jeep guys like the feeling they did something themselves so offering DIY kits will probably sell pretty good.

Good luck
                      ~Justin
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Good luck man, doing your own thing is a big venture, as long as you make good quality products though and back them with excellent customer service you should be able to do well for yourself.

There are alot of companies that outsource their laser cutting, and for good reason. The laser machines that do all of our cutting (Clayton Offroad) run at around $600,000 each and i forget the amp draw they use, but its deff not cheap. Cutting is effiecient though, so its possible to have tabs and parts cut out of house while still keeping prices relatively reasonable. Even the cnc press brakes our metal shop has are around a 1/4 million dollars.

Anyways good luck man

there are always people looking for someone reliable to do roll cages, tube fenders, etc. I have been asked by alot of people to do alot of different stuff like that, and its tough because there is a lot of work that goes into custom fab and most people are unwilling to pay the kind of compensation that work like that requires. For example, most people i have talked to shit themselves when you say $3k for a roll cage when to me thats a pretty reasonable price for the work involved. ($75 per hour, a normal cage from design, through bending and notching, is around 40 hours of work)

alot to consider.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          Good luck man, doing your own thing is a big venture, as long as you make good quality products though and back them with excellent customer service you should be able to do well for yourself.

There are alot of companies that outsource their laser cutting, and for good reason. The laser machines that do all of our cutting (Clayton Offroad) run at around $600,000 each and i forget the amp draw they use, but its deff not cheap. Cutting is effiecient though, so its possible to have tabs and parts cut out of house while still keeping prices relatively reasonable. Even the cnc press brakes our metal shop has are around a 1/4 million dollars.

Anyways good luck man

there are always people looking for someone reliable to do roll cages, tube fenders, etc. I have been asked by alot of people to do alot of different stuff like that, and its tough because there is a lot of work that goes into custom fab and most people are unwilling to pay the kind of compensation that work like that requires. For example, most people i have talked to shit themselves when you say $3k for a roll cage when to me thats a pretty reasonable price for the work involved. ($75 per hour, a normal cage from design, through bending and notching, is around 40 hours of work)

alot to consider.
                          youreally charge ppl 75 an hour to build a cage?
                          2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                          97' zj
                          2012 surbra imperza DD
                          im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                            youreally charge ppl 75 an hour to build a cage?
                            thats cheap
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Haha thats really cheap
                              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Working...
                              X