sye and new drive shafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sye and new drive shafts?

will i need to get two sye's and two drive shafts when i put my 3.5 susp. lift on or will the sye by them selfs work?
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

first of all what vehicle is this for ?... if it's an XJ you wont need an SYE for that height, and to answer your question you will only need one SYE and one driveshaft

Comment

its for a 97 tj, does the shaft flip work with the tj also?
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Unknown with the shaft flip. As to needing an SYE on 3.5", it varies from rig to rig. better safe than sorry and putting one on
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my jeep is like a black hole no matter how much money i put into it, itll never be filled
          97' zj
          2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Do the lift, then if you need the sye then get it. Every experienced mech. tells me, if it doesn't need it, then leave it the way it is.
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Especially with a wrangler, the shaft is so short that as soon as you start going up that driveline angle is immediately affected by it. I went through two or three shafts before i smartened up and got and sye and a tom woods.
              1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
              1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
              2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

I have a TJ 4" kit and didn't have an sye for 2.5years. Never broke a shaft and DD it for 2 years. I just recently put in the sye and new shaft
                Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

I would do one to be safe and it is not that expensive at 175 bucks
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i ran my TJ on 4" lift and would get some vibes at 70+mph from the rear driveshaft without SYE but did have a skid plate drop spacer on it but otherwise it was ok. ate a u-joint every so often although my driveshaft isnt exactly it the best shape ever since i grenaded my t-case output shaft + rear yoke
                    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                    eliminator MJ - Sold
                    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Do your kit and if you need to you can simply get a transfer case drop which can be only $20. This way you won't have to take time out to wait for an SYE. and if you want an SYE then you can simply take out the transfer case drop and put on the SYE. You can even make your own t-case drop with a pipe and 4 longer bolts.
                      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                      Eric

Comment

I have tcase drop brackets, they even say SIS OFFROAD ON THEM. $500
                        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

ha for 500 ill just get an sye and a tom woods
                          97' zj
                          2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                            ha for 500 ill just get an sye and a tom woods
                            Yeah but heres the thing. None of that says SiS Offroad on it. These are precious. Anyway before you put your lift in, make sure to check these things before install:

Muffler Bearing
                            Halogen Light Fluid
                            Tire airators
                            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

what about topping my water level off in my diff's?
                              97' zj
                              2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Working...
                              X