Immobilizer light is on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobilizer light is on.

This morning I went to start Fin* and she started right up... then died two seconds later...tried again... same story.

x3-4 times

On the 5 time I tried i put it in drive and BAME it drove and kept running. got to work just peachy.

Now I go to lunch... same story as before... only now the "no smoking sign with the key in the middle" sign comes on. Then put it in drive and BAME there she goes.

help!
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

I think that means it's an issue with the little transponder or whatever that's in your key. Same thing happens if you go get a cheap copy of your key made at a hardware store, it will run for like 3 seconds then shut off.

I think you need to go to the stealership to have the reprogrammed or whatever.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Maybe your Sentry key is messed up as Ian said. do you have a spare key? if so try it with that one
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

welll. i only have one key. dat sucks...

BUTTT. now it gets even better. NOw it won't start unless i give it throttle... then it won't idle. I hate jeeps... I am buying a honda.
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
          welll. i only have one key. dat sucks...

BUTTT. now it gets even better. NOw it won't start unless i give it throttle... then it won't idle. I hate jeeps... I am buying a honda.
          I'd take a look at the key before you do anything too drastic. Might still be the cause for all your troubles, my parents Audi had the same issue and it was the key so they just started using the spare.
          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

This happened to me one time in my Acura TL. Turns out the A/C overflow valve or something to that nauture leaks on my PCM and fried it. I tried everything to get the d*mn thing started, it was relentless. Depending on the type of alarm you have you may be able to google how to reset the system? It's usually something like turn the key on and off 10 times repeatedly. Worth a shot if in fact you have an alarm and its not factory?
            06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Working...
            X