Bed liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed liners

Anyone have experience with the different kinds? I have a whole bunch of Herculiner that I was planning to use, but after recently seeing a rig with Herculine applied, I realized it wasnt exactly what I thought it was. It seems as tho its more plastic like and harder in comparison to the rubberized liner I thought it was going to be. I hear Rhinoline is more like that, but that also it needs to be professionally sprayed on. I'm curious about Rhinoline and wonder if it is what I'm after, and if so, how much would it be to do a Jeep tub?

Anyone have any input?
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Line-X is the nicest I've seen personally, but I'm pretty sure it needs to be professionally sprayed and it's mega $$$.

Duplicolor is garbage.

Comment

I heard Rhino is even more rubber like textured than even Line-X, not sure how true that is, but thats what I'm after. Both do need to be sprayed professionally tho. you're right about that, as well as it costing some coin to get done. I hear that if you prep the tub yourself tho, it cuts down on cost quite a bit.

And I have also heard that Duplicolor is garbage.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

I have hurculiner and it doesnt bother me atll all. Does what it needs to do and looks pretty good. and if your not going to use it I am gonna Indiana Jones it from the garage
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Herculiner comes out great if done right.. Its mostly in the prep work you want a good surface for it to stick too.. Also you want to do multiple coats and it will look alot like rhino lining.. My buddy did his interior on his rover and I thought it was rhino lining not herc it looked so good.
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Pics of said rover and herculining..

89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Its not about the looks. Im concerned about the feel of the liner. I want to know which has the most rubberized feel. from what I hear that is Rhinoline. I've seen herculine (Hippie's Jeep) and its great... but I'm looking for something with a little more of a rubber like texture.

Once you do one of these they are a bitch to get off if you change your mind, so i wanna be sure with the one I go with.

Comment

Now that I think about it, when I was younger we got our old Chevy Colorado Rhino Lined and it's just like you describe. Much rubberier feel than Line X and Herc.

Comment

^ thats what I'm after. I guess I'll look into Rhinoline.

Comment

Got a quote for Rhinoline. to have it sprayed, even if I take care of all the prep work myself, the guy quoted me $750 MINIMUM to do the whole tub interior.

Anyone know of a shop that would do it cheaper? Because I really would like this done down the road, but $750 is a little steep.

Comment

Line-x in danbury did the bed of the f350 2 years ago for 450 and they prepped it.
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                      X