Are driveline vibes a big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are driveline vibes a big deal?

Got my jeep back onto all 4 wheels again, but since I put another leaf in the back it sits like an inch higher now. Pinion angle and everything is good, the little bit of height is what did it.

I didn't have any sort of vibration before and I have the stock DS and slip yoke, but now my driveshaft enjoys telling me it's unhappy every time I gas it over like 20mph, not terrible but enough to be annoying.

Is this gonna actually harm anything or just an annoyance, I've heard about like transfer cases and shit blowing up due to this. I'm driving like 230 miles to Rausch in a couple days and I dont think the springs will have settled by then, am I prolly gonna be ok or should I take those leaves back out.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Only thing i would worry about is the ujoints, the bad angle will make em bind and that's what would cause breakage. Im at 6 in of lift, with no sye, just a t-case drop (if you don't have one make a home made one out of tubing or square stock) and a custom pinion angle.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

How much lift are you at?
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

my t-case has been screaming since i lifted my jeep and didn't get an sye yet. it's been a DD for the last month or so plus i'm driving it to RC next week as well. i guess what i'm trying to say is i'm not too worried about it, so take that with a grain of salt.

yes that post was no help whatsoever
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
          How much lift are you at?
          Was like 3 inches, now it's like a little over 4.

And yeah I think im gonna just live with it. Thats definately the problem though because I just had 4 people in my Jeep and it sat low enough to not do it anymore.
          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X