ok, next step on my axle swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, next step on my axle swap

thanks for the help on the valves guys, i will try just pulling the or ring first and then if i need it ill get the adjustable valve.

now i am onto the other step, welding the brackets on. ok so here's where i am at. i bought brackets from ruffstuff but they aren't perfectly cut nor sized for my application. i have talked to the guys there and they've help me out quite a bit with ideas of what to do.

problems:

1. upper control arm towers are too tall- they hit the body of the jeep when it bottoms out for sure. i measured it.
    solutions-
    lift kit- too much money right now and can't get bigger tires to fill it out since i need it to be highway driveable with a 4 popper.

cut down the towers- this is what ruffstuff advised me to do. i am going to do this but i need to find someone with a plasma cutter who can do it with me/for me. any takers?

2. next problem is the track bar bracket. i have to build a box on the backside of the upper control arm bracket after i cut it down since the track bar mount is way too big to fit next to the tower. this will make my bracket kit look like the normal ones on a tj where the driver side UCA bracket is integrated to the trackbar bracket as one thing almost.

solution to this is more plasma cutting (please! can't find any shops near me that have this so far....) and then some welding to build the little box on the back of the UCA tower which i will build out of the track bar bracket they gave me since it's already a 3 sided box.

so can anyone possibly help me with this or point me in the right direction? i am kind of stuck unless i can find a plasma cutter and good welder. btw, i have found a welder, gardner engineering in wallingford but they have no plasma cutter.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

don't know if it helps but every golf course I've worked at has had a plasma cutter in the shop, if you have friends in the business give them a call
    1992 xj Briarwood
    Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
    Welded front and rear
    13' LED roof lights
    Disco ball
    Truck nuts
    Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
      don't know if it helps but every golf course I've worked at has had a plasma cutter in the shop, if you have friends in the business give them a call
      what the fuck

where have these plasma cutters in golfshops been at the multitude of golf courses ive had unrestricted access to???!
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

hmmm, interesting. i do have a lot of friends that work at a course. any other ideas?
        Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Why do you need a plasma cutter? sawzall won't cut it?

Where are you located? I'm in Naugatuck

I've got an offroad fab shop at my house both a plasma cutter and welders.

~Justin
          203-522-2113
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

what suspension are you running??

I have an easy and badass way to solve your upper's dilema. Idk the ability of your fab skills and the money you have at your disposal, also your plans for the rig. But personally i'd either order or make a rear longarm crossmember, then truss the axle and triangluate a set of links accordingly.

If you order all your johnny joints and are resourceful when making mounts add in the cost of steel, you could upgrade to a pretty sweet triangulated longarm set up for about 400-500 bucks. then make up or order a set of arms for the front, just an idea.
            kinda extreme but will come out really well if done right and i can garuntee you that you're gonna be satisfied.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
            X