Rusty's Lift Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty's Lift Kit

Was looking at the rusty's lift kit for my cj, anybody run this or have any knowledge on them. The 2.5 kit is only 380 which is kinda making me wonder about the quality.
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

the leaf packs themselves are fine, the bushings suck something fierce.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      the leaf packs themselves are fine, the bushings suck something fierce.
      pretty much
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Your best bet is to just stay away from anything Rustys.

Comment

rustys suspenion systems suck balls!

Comment

probably why they are dirt cheap. Also looking at super lift, but heard they might be going out of business. SO next in line are black diamond and then sky crapper after that. Not looking to shell out the money for the R.E. Opinions?
            1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
            2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

FWIW I really didnt mind my rusty's kit at all besides the leaf bushings. I thought it rode actually pretty well and flexed decently. It definitely did it's job and some for the price. I would buy it again if I were on a tight budget like I was. However, if I could afford it at the time I would splurge and have gone with RE.
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

another thought is.. since your lift is basically leafs, shocks and brakelines why not buy RE springs and source out the rest of your parts either used or new cheaper stuff?

Comment

Or see if there is a decent spring shop near you, alot of them make custom springs for not that much money, prolly better quality than what you'd get online too.

There is some place near me that custom forged all my leaves except my main and they work really good.
                  01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

That is definitly a possibility, have to price all that out and see what the difference is
                    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Working...
                    X