T case question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T case question

Is there a difference in the clocking of XJ TJ or YJ 231 cases? or are they interchangable? Does manual or auto matter?
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

yes TJ & YJ have a different clocking than the XJ

Comment

and the input is different between manual and auto also, ones shorter, dont remember which one though

Comment

xj cases are clocked like 9 degrees while tj cases are clocked 20 degrees

don't hold me to those numbers though, but i know i got em' in the ballpark.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
          xj cases are clocked like 9 degrees while tj cases are clocked 20 degrees

don't hold me to those numbers though, but i know i got em' in the ballpark.
          I don't know about the numbers in my experience the full body jeeps are clocked down i.e. XJ and frame jeeps are clocked up i.e. YJ

To clock up passed the existing mounting ear on the YJ/TJ transmission will require a lot of modification including welding to the tail housing to have more material to drill the mounting holes.

I had to do this on my CJ so it can be done. If you still need to clock it passed that point I can weld aluminum.

RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
          X