Radio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Problem

I recently re did my cd player in the jeep mainly because it wasn't powerfull enough and would always cut out during a song. Before i swapped out the jvc, my pass side speaker worked but it wasn't as loud as the rest of my speakers. Now after i put the alpine in, it worked fine but started to make a winding noise whenever i accelerated. After leaving a parking lot today, i went to turn up the volume and the pass speaker pretty much got blown out for about 15 min, then came back faint like it was originally.

What would cause the winding noise, and could it just be that a wire is loose somewhere under the dash? because when i fiddle with the wires, the speaker sometimes works the right way
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

it could be a short between 2 wires. what did you use to connect the wires behind the radio?
    94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
    3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

spade connectors

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

does it wind up and down with the accelerator?

sounds like alternator noise to me.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
          does it wind up and down with the accelerator?

sounds like alternator noise to me.
          it only winds when the volume is on, and sometimes it winds, sometimes it doesn't

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

jeeps have such shitty wiring... bet thing to do is to run new speaker wire, get a noise filter for your stereo, (I think most stereo shops ell them) this will eliminate any winding noises that you may have..

Comment

Bump:

I figured out that the winding noise only occures when it's on AUX, otherwise it's fine on the radio. It sometimes winds when i touch the ipod then stops when i put it down/vice versa. On days both speakers work, on others one will not work. I faded it all the way to the front and turned the balance from left to right and the pass speaker is deff quieter than the driver. Could this be a bad speaker? it's a alpine deck, with pioneer speakers

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

picking up spark frequencies is what it sounds like to me. we get em all the time at the dealer after someone swaps in a aftermarket head ujnit
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

sounds like one of your speakers is out of phase.....
                  99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzy View Post
                    picking up spark frequencies is what it sounds like to me. we get em all the time at the dealer after someone swaps in a aftermarket head ujnit
                    what do you do to fix it?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i can't remember it was a rough day lol but i'll check tomorrow
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by dizzy View Post
                        i can't remember it was a rough day lol but i'll check tomorrow
                        If you could find out that would be great dude.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i'm having a problem similar to this right now. check your aux cable going to the head unit from the mp3 player. the wires may be loose so you might need a new one
                          94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                          3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Working...
                          X