roughcountry longarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roughcountry longarm

I'm in need of some better arms and was looking for longarm either used or new, Rough Country seems to be a great price new. Comments please...

Cumminsjeep has em... He should chime in here. I am pretty sure that he loves them.
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      I'm in need of some better arms and was looking for longarm either used or new, Rough Country seems to be a great price new. Comments please...
      I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I guess you can say that with most any product.

Had a buddy who runs them and everything works fine for him.

I have their shortarms and the bushings were bad after like a month and they arent replaceable, not sure if the longarms use the same stuff.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

they hang lower than the frame rails...

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthr...?t=3228&page=9

ask andrew he has them

if you are looking for cheap you cant beat it.

hope you have an auto because i heard they are hard to install with the ax15

if you want a pretty nice kit, tnt kit can be had for 800ish and has a full belly skid and the arms are tucked up above the frame rails.

Comment

They do hang low, but a few of the people i know that have them, there bushings are shit already and they've had them for like 4 or 5 months
          God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

They look like a fairly decent setup for the price, but I was deterred when they fucked the AX-15 users over because they didn't have the engineering insight to think about it before hand.

That, and I know Andrew never got reimbursed by them even after he complained publicly. He had to modify the belly pan himself.

All those issues are taken care of now, but still. I would go for the TNT Y-link myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              They look like a fairly decent setup for the price, but I was deterred when they fucked the AX-15 users over because they didn't have the engineering insight to think about it before hand.

That, and I know Andrew never got reimbursed by them even after he complained publicly. He had to modify the belly pan himself.
              Yup, that was the only part that irked me a little. It was an easy fix, but still a hassle that could have been avoided. From what I have heard from him he really likes them.
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

thanks guys, I'll look into the TNT kit but I'm really on a tight budget and am looking for the best bang for the buck...

Comment

I really really like them. They ride really nice and flex very well. The only thing I didnt like was the whole transfer case skid not fitting cause it was a manual. I tried getting somewhere with rough country and they ended up ignoring my PMs. way to go Rough country. I ended up just fixing it myself.

As for the bushings being shot after 4 or 5 months, I had mine off last week and the bushings and joints were still minty fresh. I grease the joints at least every month as well.

They also do hang down low so after the first time at rausch with them, they were scraped up pretty good.

For a long arm kit, you can not beat it. Awesome price and a very beefy product in my oppinion.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

well with your imput you kinda just made me do a 360, I don't wheel my jeep very hard and I also maintain my stuff very well so this may be the kit for me.
                    thanks!

Comment

clayton??
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        clayton??
                        Who is that?
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

hahahaha its at the point where i just have to for lols

every suspension thread from now on will be graced.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

did u just change my name asshole

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

youre welcome
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X