wj setup needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wj setup needs

so i got wj knuckles steering calipers all from work a few people said i need things off jks what do i need to make it work on my xj?
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me..._Code=FABParts
    Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
    2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2004 Z1000
    1999 TJ

Comment

You need a quarter inch spacer on the nuckle to run your xj wheel bearing, a wj is 5x5.5 bolt pattern, there is a company that makes one..Then you need ford sporttrac rotors i believe so that everything lines up..and i think you need wj upper ball joints.
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Hey you deff coming monday to grab that axle?
        98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

well i wore my brakes to nothing cause i figured i would be doing this swap sooner and tore my rotors to shit so i had to buy rotors and pads really fucked me up but i mean i can come next monday after i get paid if thats ok with you.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

yea i can hold it for ya, just as long as ur deff gonna grab it

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
              You need a quarter inch spacer on the nuckle to run your xj wheel bearing, a wj is 5x5.5 bolt pattern, there is a company that makes one..Then you need ford sporttrac rotors i believe so that everything lines up..and i think you need wj upper ball joints.
              See link above for JKS spacers needed.
              Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
              2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT
              2004 Z1000
              1999 TJ

Comment

Also, depending on which calipers you have either the sportrac rotors or redrilled wj rotors work the best. I plan on using th 00-01 tj unit bearings, wj balljoints, jks spacers, stock calipers and redrilled wj rotors
                dirty30

Comment

which calipers require the sportrac rotors and which require redrilled WJ's?
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

I'm not 1000% sure, but I believe that if you use the newer style, Akebono calipers the sportrac rotors work, but if you have the Teves the redrilled wj ones work better.

But also having not experienced this first hand don't take my words as a certainty
                    dirty30

Comment

if i don't have to redrill that would be super. plus i work for ford so yeah... sportrac rotors are accessible
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

I'd double check, I've recieved lots of varying opinions, but I think I'd rather follow wills setup, which is physically known to work
                        dirty30

Comment

i run re-drilled WJ rotors for this with no ill effect whatsoever.

ive run the WJ front end steering/brakes for over a year now
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

the write-up i saw said to run those JKS spacers and 01 TJ hubs. yet he said he had to machine the hubs down a bit. is this necessary?
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

i run 01 TJ hubs, they arent machined or anything

i run:
                              JKS OTA trackbar bracket
                              JKS spacer thats linked above (welded of course as per directions)
                              redrilled WJ rotors
                              stock XJ balljoints
                              OTK
                              stock 01 TJ unitbearings

i think thats the list of goods for this mod for me

word on the road is that WJ upper balljoints are potentially needed, but i havent needed em nor have i replaced my xj balljoints since i installed it. i guess you might as well get WJ upper balljoints if youre doin yours soon or at the same time, but if not (i had just put brandy new XJ ones in at the time), just run the XJ ones, i certainly have had no issues..i know some others have had the same experience
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X